Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glow-On is good for gun sights but bad for fish????
With Glow-On super Phosphorescent, fish will have a hard time trying to ignore you. Just try it!

Fish vision is design to "catch" photons in the twilight zone. It has evolved to magnify contrast very similarly to human night vision.
A very useful trait wen light is so filtered, it's almost not there a few feet under water.

Check this small project: Three chrome finis lures with random organic patterns.
We used three different colors: Aqua, Bubble Gum Red and Orange Sherbet.

Observe the orange actually has a greenish glow, red also has a greenish glow but the eye of the camera catches more red.

When we move the lure set into a shaded spot, the glow begins to show

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now for all Firearm enthusiasts, a cool shot of Glow-On ready for action.

We found this super bright lamps at academy and bought the whole box! They are awesome, they have a magnetic head so you can position the over metallic surfaces

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any of you guys go to fishing forums? They are as immense as the ocean!
Apparently there are more type of fish than firearms and there are more sub forums for each one of them, hundreds!

And one more thing, fishing aficionados have special seasons, like ice fishing, deep water fishing, and then for every secret place to fish...There's the boats, the gear...whatever! Its a big deal.

Anyways, here's another example.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Id wanted some night sights for my 1911-22 but couldnt justify spending that much money on such a cheap gun. Problem solved! Have the original in my amazon cart ready to go with my next order.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glow-film can be used on soft plastic lures.

For some reason if you use paint on this material, the binder transfers to the lure and it melts away!!!!!!!
The solution is the film.

Here is a small graphic tutorial.

It contains graphic imagery so be warned...ha, ha!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts