Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv bin planing on buying some glow in the dark sight paint for my 45XD and my AK 47 i want to go with a good brand of paint or any suggestions of any brands thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Iv bin planing on buying some glow in the dark sight paint for my 45XD and my AK 47 i want to go with a good brand of paint or any suggestions of any brands thanks!
We have a supporter on the forum called true glow i bought some and put it on 3 guns. Dont expect em to last long. I hit it with my surefire flashlight and they glow bright as hell for about 1 minute then they die down and after 20 minutes you can barely see em. But for 8 bucks its a good deal i guess.I put some on the sights of my bb gun. i dont think any of the glow products work the way we hope. the reason real night sights work so good is cas its radiation and most guarantee them to glow for 10 years.

By the way i have sent multiple messages to true glow and asked them what the problem is cas they claim they glow for like 7 or 8 hours

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I think glow in the paint sights are of limited to no value. Since they must be charged, you are dependent on having your weapon stored with a light source. If your are carrying your XD45, especially concealed, there is no light source to charge up the paint. Perhaps you can ask the bad guy to wait while you pull out your flashlight to charge your sights.

I tried glow in the paint sights and found them wanting. If you are trying to get sights that you can more easily see in daylight, I've found that there are very interesting finger nail polish colors out there. But for low light shooting, tritium is the way to go.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think glow in the paint sights are of limited to no value. Since they must be charged, you are dependent on having your weapon stored with a light source. If your are carrying your XD45, especially concealed, there is no light source to charge up the paint. Perhaps you can ask the bad guy to wait while you pull out your flashlight to charge your sights.

I tried glow in the paint sights and found them wanting. If you are trying to get sights that you can more easily see in daylight, I've found that there are very interesting finger nail polish colors out there. But for low light shooting, tritium is the way to go.
Yep pretty much my thoughts exactly for the guns i mainly carry they all got tridium but for the ones i dont really carry i will use this till i get tridium.

I say get em its a fun project for just a few dollars and hey if you dont like em take em off. then you can make all the stuff in your house glow or somethin...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts