Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just curious where i could get some glow in the dark paint because I dont want to change the factory

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your local hobby shop should have some. Try a shop that sells models and has a big rack of Testor's and/or other brands.

Also, once you've got the sights filled in, apply a clear coat (I use clear nail polish) to seal it and make it easier to clean. I prefer a matte clear over gloss, but I've got a friend who uses gloss and thinks I'm a nutter, so I guess that's a personal preference issue.

Or maybe I'm a nutter. [/shrug]

T

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Glow, Inc. makes a good one. Get the Ultra Green. The small bottle will go a LONG way. If you hit it with a tactical flashlight it will glow for several hours, although somewhat dimly, but is visible in a dark room. I applied it with a toothpick as it's rather thick. Don't use a colored toothpick as the solvent in the paint will cause the ink in toothpick to discolor the Glow Paint. As stated above, seal it with a coat of clear fingernail polish.

Ultra Green Glow Paint

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I think Brownells has it also

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brights sights is pretty good stuff. Easy to use too. I would recomend buying whatever color you are using in the non glow style and mix the two. The glow green is a really light green. Mix it with the standard green, or apply the standard first and then the glow style next.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was stupid and bought some of the "military tactical glow paint" from cabela's. it works ok :? but it chips off easily and it really does not glow to well, in other words, it was not worth the 8 bucks i payed for it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
polardaddy said:
I was stupid and bought some of the "military tactical glow paint" from cabela's. it works ok :? but it chips off easily and it really does not glow to well, in other words, it was not worth the 8 bucks i payed for it.
so why not follow the suggestion above and just put some clearcoat on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts