Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never seen/used their decal grips, but I assume they're as thick as regular grip tape for a skateboards, so it shouldn't add too much thickness to the grips. Some have said that if this is for EDC then the aggressive texture may rub your clothes/skin. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A fellow Canuck, nice!

I didn't even know about SmartLock in CAN. Trying to find dealers in CAN is pretty difficult, but now that you've brought them to my attention, I may get my SS Guide rod from them rather than having it shipped from the US. Thanks!

For the grips, have you considered going to the local hardware store and buying grip tape and making your own grips? Don't think they cost that much for a big roll and you can customize the location of the grip. You posted a response to someones thread on the installation of the same type of grips to their XD. From what I could see, it was just strips of the grip tape stuck to strategic locations. It's not like the Talon grips that wrap around the entire grip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gross, stick with the rubber grips and see how they work for you. Who knows, maybe you'll end up liking the rubber texture more.

Thanks for your feedback in regards to SmartLock/Glockthumb. It's good to know there's a vendor in CAN. I will definitely let you know when I get the guide rod. I just have to see if they have it in black (currently only polished SS is available).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.