Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some of the parts he offers and so far no issues! I bought the SS guide rod(for XD tactical only), extended slide release(over size button), extended mag release and recoil pad.
Any one else tried his stuff and what do you think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old post, but I'm about to place an order for some of their parts. Just wondering if their decal grips (or others) make the grip noticeably thicker. Main reason I like XDs is for the grip shape and size, so I don't want to ruin that quality.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never seen/used their decal grips, but I assume they're as thick as regular grip tape for a skateboards, so it shouldn't add too much thickness to the grips. Some have said that if this is for EDC then the aggressive texture may rub your clothes/skin. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Venom. I noticed you're in Can, so am and that's why I'm buying from them. Glockthumb is actually the "eBay division" of Smart Lock, the company that sells the Mag Lock. Anyways can't seem to get Talom grips up here, which I'd prefer for the sandpaper texture, instead of the rubber. Either way, i obviously wont be carrying it, and at least it's a genuine 3m product.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A fellow Canuck, nice!

I didn't even know about SmartLock in CAN. Trying to find dealers in CAN is pretty difficult, but now that you've brought them to my attention, I may get my SS Guide rod from them rather than having it shipped from the US. Thanks!

For the grips, have you considered going to the local hardware store and buying grip tape and making your own grips? Don't think they cost that much for a big roll and you can customize the location of the grip. You posted a response to someones thread on the installation of the same type of grips to their XD. From what I could see, it was just strips of the grip tape stuck to strategic locations. It's not like the Talon grips that wrap around the entire grip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Venom, very good to see a fellow Cdn! I'm in Vancouver btw. Anyways, I was gonna do that as a last resort, but just got the smart lock grips in the mail today and I'm happy with them for now. They're a perfect fit, and slim enough. Only thing is, they're rubber and I'd prefer the sandpaper texture, so I may end up doing what you said, with skateboard tape or something. But I'd have no problem recommending Smart Lock. I was kind of leery about their semi professional website at first, but they responded to questions and were quick to ship. Also, I found out after the fact that the owner is a respected local firearms instructor. Anyhow, let me know how it goes if you end up getting the guide rod from them, I may be interested in replacing mine as well.
Cheers!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gross, stick with the rubber grips and see how they work for you. Who knows, maybe you'll end up liking the rubber texture more.

Thanks for your feedback in regards to SmartLock/Glockthumb. It's good to know there's a vendor in CAN. I will definitely let you know when I get the guide rod. I just have to see if they have it in black (currently only polished SS is available).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts