Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this says it all.

25 yards, Ameriglo 3-dot nite sights, American eagle ammo.

15 shots, offhand using the weaver stance. The xd 4" service is amazing!
Dammit I love this gun!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad.... :oops:
9mm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lets see here......a glock copy, chambering a neutered 10mm. Yeah boy, I'm reeeeel impressed! When that gun grows up it'll look like a G-20, when the .40 grows up it'll look like the 10mm! Sorry bub, weak and un-original on both counts(gun and caliber). :lol:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
masterofg3 said:
Lets see here......a glock copy, chambering a neutered 10mm. Yeah boy, I'm reeeeel impressed! When that gun grows up it'll look like a G-20, when the .40 grows up it'll look like the 10mm! Sorry bub, weak and un-original on both counts(gun and caliber). :lol:
Somebody's jealous, somebody's jealous... :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
masterofg3 said:

Sounds like gun envy... :lol:...lets see.... unsupported chambers that cause the Blocks to kaboom....plastic sights on the Block that wear down.... FTF,FTE in the 40cal....Block Perfection?...please. I bet when word got out about the "indestructable handgun's" shortcomings all you Block guys were sweatin like Jessica Simpson taking the SATs. I will admit the 10mm is a bad mofo. Shame you choose to carry it in such an butt ugly gun. :lol: Seriously though.....thats great self defense shooting...group them like that on a bad guy and it won't matter if your shooting a 9mm or a 10mm.....they'll be just as dead.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Glocks have been around a long time and you really can't knock one of the most successful pistols ever.
I like my XDs, but there is no way anyone can take away from the Glocks history.

Austria is a good days drive to Croatia.
Yeah these pistols are neighbors, but its like comparing.......
Apples to Oranges. 8)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can only assume Glocks are un-available in Tennessee. I sure hope a good (pot) metal preservative is!!! I will talk to a local Glock distributor and try to help your situation "out thar". :wink:

·
Registered
82 Posts
masterofg3 wrote this in the 9mm vs 357 SIG post on this board, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:38 pm.

Well...to set the record straight, the 10MM is the cats ass(and the rest of it as well). If you have any doubts, go to www.doubletap.com. As for the .357 sig vs 9mm, 9mm+p gets you into the same ballpark as the .357 sig.I would switch to a heavier recoil spring...if you go that route. If you really want SERIOUS performance in a service size pistol, the answer was here long before the sig round and .40 s&w came along. Go to www.10mmtalk.com, if you're one of the non-informed......and then go get a real performer! For the record,I sold my XD .357 TODAY, for another 10mm!! I' will again be an XD owner as soon as the croations get up enough nerve to push their design to the firewall and make a DAMN 10MM!!! Then we'll know for sure just how tough the XD is.

And posted this 20 min earlier here.

Lets see here......a glock copy, chambering a neutered 10mm. Yeah boy, I'm reeeeel impressed! When that gun grows up it'll look like a G-20, when the .40 grows up it'll look like the 10mm! Sorry bub, weak and un-original on both counts(gun and caliber).

Which is it masterofg3

For the record,I sold my XD .357 TODAY, for another 10mm!! Sorry bub, weak and un-original on both counts(gun and caliber).

OR

I' will again be an XD owner as soon as the croations get up enough nerve to push their design to the firewall and make a DAMN 10MM!!! Then we'll know for sure just how tough the XD is.

Since you no longer own an XD and dislike them so much, why don't you go to Glocktalk.com or 10mmtalk.com, and leave us happy XD owners alone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really dislike it when someone feels their brand and caliber of firearm is the "one and only" and every one else should conform to their standards. It galls me to no end that they are that conceited and egotistical and arrogant!
I have been shooting 1911s, Berettas, SIGs for over 30 years and just switched to XDs.Why? In my hands the XD is the most accurate handgun I have ever fired. I use the Tactical 9 for class' and Service 9 for carry(sometimes I do carry the T9 at work).
Do I feel comfortable carying a 9mm for defense? You bet, with the plethora of +p and +p+ loads today it is equal to any task. Lower recoil, fast follow-up shots and a lot of them in my mags.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks nice. Post some more pics of the XD if you can! I swear I shot better with the 4" XD than I do now with the 5", but I'm probably just getting used to the XD trigger again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When he says "glock perfection, my a$$", he is just saying that you can't have two different, perfect pistols. How can the Glock be perfect when his XD is... more... perfecter. Perhaps the word "perfection" only exists in the dictionary of fools. Does perfection exist in nature? If it doesn't then it certainly doesn't exist in a pistol. But masterofg3 would say it does in the Glock 10mm. And he is probably right! Now let's get a 10mm XD and really get an Extreme Duty pistol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Albert said:
I really dislike it when someone feels their brand and caliber of firearm is the "one and only" and every one else should conform to their standards.
That was not my intent. Re-read my original posting, it merely states that I am pleased with my XD.
Perfection in my eyezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :shock:

Mike+p:

I'll post more later... 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics????

did someone ask for pics?

I originally had this gun coated by Canyon Creek in a grey finish. Rich's company did a fine job, but it was not what I was really looking for.

So off to Tripp Research it went for the chroming. I had the slide and all internals of the slide done in hard-chrome, but chose to leave the controls; ala grip safety, eject buttons and slide stop in the black.
Just the raised edge of the slide was polished.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
masterofg3 It took almost 10 yrs for glock to release the larger frames for the 10mm and 45acp after the 17. The xd/hs2000 have been around now for 5 yrs...that means that we have another 5yrs to get larger frames and still be within glocks time lines for releasing new sized frames. In fact I am impressed that the Croatians in 5yrs could get three different sized frames in 4 calibres and in two colors. You know what else the xd`s and hs2000`s are so popular that its hard for to production to keep up even with larger facilities that has to say something. During the 90`s this small country was at war, and now look at how they hit the world market.

By the way Glocks are hell of a guns they work......but by the way neither the xd or hs2000 is a knock off of the glock if they were what parts are interchangeable? Most firearms design incorporates features and technology that has worked before.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts