Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time springfield fan here and Glock newbie. Just went to the range with my XDS 9mm, rented a glock 26 and left with a new G26 gen 4. I have never looked into glock or read a single thread on a forum about them so I need a jump start.

I have big hands, I need a mag extension. They gave me a pearce XL plus 3 extension which fits my hand perfect, but it seems very loose / moves around some. Are there any sturdier mag extensions that do not have so much play?

Those grooves on the trigger really begin to hurt the pad of my finger, do they make a smoothe trigger replacement?

While were on triggers, whats an affordable way to smooth up the trigger and make it even nicer then it already is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The Gen 4 Glock 17 trigger bar and trigger is smooth faced and will fit your 26. The toggle is not flush so there is still a sharp ridge. You can file that down(see Carl). There is supposed to be a polishing you can do to smooth out the trigger. Its on youTube and called the 25 cent trigger job.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you needed to add the grip extension... You'd honestly have been better off with a Glock 19. Aside from the grip fitting your hand properly, you'd also have benefitted from a longer barrel and sight radius.

But what's done is done.

Get the Glock factory +2 mag base to avoid the pinching.

As mentioned above, get the Glock 17 trigger with the smooth face if you're looking minimal investment. Otherwise, there are plenty of aftermarket triggers kits to do whatever you'd like to do with it.

If you stick with a factory trigger, get yourself a Ghost 3.5# connector... best $20 you can ever spend on a Glock. Gives a crisper break than factory, lighter pull and doesn't horribly affect the reset like some of the connectors out there.

You can replace every do-dad on a Glock with an aftermarket do-hickey... but I honestly don't bother.

Add the ghost connector and the sights of your choice... and the Glock with treat you right.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys so far....i looked at the 19 but it didnt work for me where i carry. I carry IWB about 1:45 / 2 o clock and the longer barrel pushed into me hard when sitting down

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, i didnt mean the extension seemed loose, the mag itself does when fully seated. It has a little front to back wiggle room, is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Yes, the mag wiggles back and forth on my G19 and affects nothing. If you're milking the grip that low, that's not good technique.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They wiggle. It's normal.

As for the trigger, order a factory Glock 17 trigger assembly, it'll cost you 20 bucks tops and while it's out, google the Glock 25 cent trigger job.

A gen 3 assembly worked fine in my gen 4 19.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
You might be able to find prices better other places (maybe not), but for researching options, glockstore.com has good pics, good descriptions and a good set of videos.

The only thing I've done to my G26 is the Pearce standard (+0?) extension and the Lone Wolf 3.5 connector, but if you don't like the factory trigger's grooves, they have some triggers (in various colors too :D), as well as trigger/connector kits.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You may want to explore the forums on glocktalk.com and glockforum.com also.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Nah... The Glock fans here are Much nicer than the Fanboy Snobs on GlockTalk.
You can get straight answers here w/o getting dissed in the process. (normally... Sometimes... Once in a while???) :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Hell get better feedback here.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Hey guys, long time springfield fan here and Glock newbie. Just went to the range with my XDS 9mm, rented a glock 26 and left with a new G26 gen 4. I have never looked into glock or read a single thread on a forum about them so I need a jump start.

I have big hands, I need a mag extension. They gave me a pearce XL plus 3 extension which fits my hand perfect, but it seems very loose / moves around some. Are there any sturdier mag extensions that do not have so much play?

Those grooves on the trigger really begin to hurt the pad of my finger, do they make a smoothe trigger replacement?

While were on triggers, whats an affordable way to smooth up the trigger and make it even nicer then it already is?

Thanks!
1.) No, not really. You can get mags and spacers for G19 or G17 mags for your G26 if you want more ammo capacity.

2.) Yes. Just install a factory G17 trigger.

3.) Search Youtube for "25 cent trigger job" for a how-to internal polishing.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

Hell get better feedback here.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

Thanks!
I'd recommend the GAP floor (base) plate for your G26 mags.
They help you with stability, without the extra mag length.
I use them on my G26 and G33..

P R O D U C T S

As far as smoothing up your stock Glock trigger;
Search YouTube for a 25 cent Glock trigger job.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=glock+trigger+25+cent

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Glock factory original 12-round magazines for the G26 have worked perfectly for me. The floor plate does not rattle or wiggle at all.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
You should take it to a certified Glock armorer, if you do the work your Glock could go full auto :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding...that is the response you would get over and over at the other forum :rolleyes:

My Glocks have an average trigger pull of around 5#. Here is a list of what I do to every Glock I own:

• TFO night sights
  • Talon rubber grip (except on Gen 4's)
  • Smooth face trigger
  • 3.5# Lone Wolf connector
  • 6# trigger spring
  • Extended slide stop lever
  • $.25 trigger job

The trigger pull is very smooth with a nice break & reset. Most of my Glocks averaged 6.5-7.5# out of the box, which is too heavy for my preference.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also, I have GAP floor plates on 2 magazines, Pearce +1 (or 2??) on 2 mags, and I have one factory Glock 12 rounder. Great to have options depending on how you carry, dress, holster, etc.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Fulcrum Trigger , Night Sights ... don't play with the stupid connectors they aren't worth it. If you opt for a connector then go for the OEM glock -1.

The Fulcrum Trigger is the best money spent on a glock upgrade IMO and i've purchased all the connectors / aftermarket crap at least once.

Don't get a metal guide rod they will do more harm than good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't play with the stupid connectors they aren't worth it. If you opt for a connector then go for the OEM glock -1.
We'll have to agreed to disagree here.

I took out the Glock (-) connector out of my Glock 34 and replaced with the Ghost 3.5#

I much prefer it.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
See the difference in answers & attitudes between XD Talk & 'that other forum'? :lol:

You get honest opinions & advice here for the most part. Over there, it is "leave it stock, don't mess with it, you have to be an armorer..."

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Fulcrum Trigger , Night Sights ... don't play with the stupid connectors they aren't worth it. If you opt for a connector then go for the OEM glock -1.

The Fulcrum Trigger is the best money spent on a glock upgrade IMO and i've purchased all the connectors / aftermarket crap at least once.

Don't get a metal guide rod they will do more harm than good.
I've never tried a Fulcrum trigger, but I'll agree with the rest of it.
I've tried 3.5# connectors and went back to the stock 5# for a carry guns.
I've tried metal guide rods and always went back to the stock plastic...

The sights are just a personal preference.
Most of my Glocks have stock plastic sights...
The G33 has Trijicon HD.
Looking for a set of target sights of the G21, thinking of Vickers Elite with an FO front...

Glock-Wilson Combat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts