Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new Glock 22, didn't like the open grip end so I started looking at grip plugs. Found a ton of designs that were really cool. Started to order one with a rebel flag, bu ended up ordering one with the "don't tread on me" rattlesnake design. I LOVE rattlesnakes, have one tattooed as an armband on my left bicep. I decided against the rebel flag because in the case where I would have to use my weapon against a black person, I do t want to be sitting in court with a weapon that has a rebel flag on it. I feel that lawyers would focus on that and automatically label me as a racist (I'm not). Am I just paranoid? Or do you feel this is a valid concern?

Also, I apologize if this is not in the correct area of the forum, searching through, this seemed the best fit for my question.

Edit. Images added

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Finished product on my G22

·
Registered
9,663 Posts

Finished product on my G22
Nice plug. Those also solve the problem of collecting belly button lint for all the Mexican-carry types...

But in case you didn't already know, we're all racists here, friend. Stars and Bars, Gadsden Flag = Tea Party, Mexican carry, I must have just broken at least three rules :shock:

The only way you wouldn't be racist is if you handed the perp your gun and let him shoot you with it while he stole your 50" TV.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
While i dont think things like trigger jobs etc matter. Having certain logos can look bad to a jury if it gets there. I dont put zombie killer things on my guns or punisher logos etc. On a home gun its fine but on a carry gun it doesnt look good.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
UH yep there are a few people that think the " Don't Tread On Me" means you are another Tea Party nutjob.

I like the emblem myself and I buy what I like. I think you are right it is probably safer than having the Rebel flags.
I bought a Heritage .22 with that Snake emblem on the pearl grips. I figure someday it might be worth more with the emblem on it. A part of history remembered.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UH yep there are a few people that think the " Don't Tread On Me" means you are another Tea Party nutjob.

I like the emblem myself and I buy what I like. I think you are right it is probably safer than having the Rebel flags.
I bought a Heritage .22 with that Snake emblem on the pearl grips. I figure someday it might be worth more with the emblem on it. A part of history remembered.
That is a beautiful revolver!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I would go with the hello kitty one.:D

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have wondered about some here. LOL which shelf out of the closet did that hello kitty come from?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I just got the Glockmiester logo on my plug. I am in the camp of no punisher/rebel/snake/zombie decals on my weapons. Now that hello kitty stuff looks pretty sweet. Do any of those come in my little pony?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
This topic has been covered many times over. The overwhelming majority usually lean toward just dont do it. Leave that type of stuff off your guns. Then there are a handful who express they dont care and will put any banner they want on their gun.

Personally, banners and quotes on my guns really dont do anything for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I personally don't care to have it on my guns. Though I like the idea and looks of it. I view my EDC as another tool on my belt. If it's concealed properly, anyways, no one will see it to admire it but me anyways. Just my .02.

Pat

1 - 20 of 42 Posts