Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this doesnt pertain to the XDM but many readers have different pistols so I just wanted to share some information.

I have a model 19 and have had many problems with jamming/stovepipes since purchase and also over this past weekend, so I call Glock this AM and they inform me that an email has just bee sent out to all armorers about the recall. You can also go to www.teamglcok.com and there will be a link on the bottom right hand side notifying of the voluntary recall.
Just called and my new recoil Spring assembly (RSA) should be mailed out within the next 2 weeks....
I have the # 03 spring now and what is being shipped is the # 04-3 spring assembly which has been reworked to include a new buffer and spring assembly.
So hopeflly good news....
You can call glock @ 770-432-1202 and then ask directly for ext. 5510
you will here a recording informing you of the voluntary recall then telling you what number you are in the que.
A glock rep will then anser the call , collect your info and your done..
pass along....and hopefully this will fix the issue and those that have had issues will no more.... hopefully [8D]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Interesting. I just got a replacement spring about 6 weeks ago, before this came out. Prolly need to check tomorrow. I never had any problem on my current one.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
well if anyone has issues with their glocks and dont want them anymore, you could donate them to me :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Interesting. I just got a replacement spring about 6 weeks ago, before this came out. Prolly need to check tomorrow. I never had any problem on my current one.
Just got off the phone with Glock. Even though I got the recent 0-2-1 spring, they are sending a new one.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Here's the Latest recoil spring ID chart.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here's the Latest recoil spring ID chart.

Stay Safe.
Thanks, Old Hick for showing this info to us. It took a long time to get Glock to MAN UP about this problem, and to all those people, who said "Its the shooter thats the problem, not the Glock Gen4". For them, I say "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem".

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered mine today, for my G17 and they said it would take up to 25 days. I see they didn't have a replacement for the G26????? At least they have some kind of a possible fix for some of the Gen 4's.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I do believe the baby glocks have been running the same double recoil spring system for years and they probably won't be recalled in the Gen4's for them it's all aesthetics(the frame).

For what it's worth, I have a Gen 4 G19 and haven't had any problems with it. But I know that if it ever does, I have Glock's number just in case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts