Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, some peoples told me XD is better than Glock and some gun smith said Glock is better than XD, I'm thinking to buy one for my carry conceal, which one are you recomend and why between these 4 fine gun : G19, G26, XD Servie 4" and XD Subcompact, thank you very much for all your feedback

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
That is a guestion that only you can answer. I am not passing
the buck here, but you know your own needs and likes.

May I suggest that you go to a firing range that rents these
four machines and try all of them out. Then go with your gut
and buy the one YOU like best. If you are still not satisfied,
then come back and pick our brains some more. Please post
this same question over on GT and see what kind of response
that you get.

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I have owned all the the guns you mentioned, with the exception of the 4" service XD (I have a Tac-9). For concealed carry I have always prefered guns with shorter grip lengths. They are just much easier to conceal, at least for me. I also shot the G26 better than the G19 (as many others have found out as well).

The biggest difference between Glocks and XDs is the grip angle. The XD is more like a 1911 feel for me, very comfortable. I much prefer the XD's grip angle, and have since sold all of my Glocks :eek:

The G26 conceals a tab better than the XD40SC which I just picked up, shorter grip length and a little narrower.

However, comparing apples to apples, the XD40SC handles the recoil better than the G27. Again, I've talked to several others who have found the same thing.

I don't own an XD9SC (go figure?) so I can't directly compare it with the G26, but I suspect the XD9SC handles the recoil a little better, for the same reasons.

It comes down to which you shoot best and which feels the most comfortable in your hands. Find a range and shoot all 4, if you can. It's the only way to really know what "fits" you best.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All great guns. I have an XD-9 SC and prefer the feel to the G26. To me it is more controllable and feels better in the hand. The G19 feels about the same to me and has the advantage of a rail for a fullsize light. For CCH, my pick was obviously the XD sub compact, but you should shoot any gun you are seriously interested in before making up your mind.

(My short list when I bought the XD were, in order of what I thought would be my preference, G26, Sig P239, S&W 908 and the XD-9 Sub. I got surprised by the XD.)

For what it's worth, I like the disconnector, grip safety, takedown, sights and light rail on the sub compact, and the metal finish and common availability of the Glock.

There is also one Glock advantage no one thinks of, GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) matches, the ideal way to start competitive shooting. You may outgrow it, but if you are a new shooter, it is the perfect introduction to competition. It is fun, low pressure and they give away guns.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It comes down to which one feels the best for you. Some like the Glocks, some like the XDs. Only way to know which one is best for you is to go shoot both and see.

As for the gunsmith who said one is better, I would be scratching him off my list of people who know what they are talking about. If anyone knows that both designs are tough as nails, it should be a smith.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For some reason, handguns are one topic that people become irrational about. Just to speculate, maybe some people need to believe that somehow their choice of a defensive handgun gives them some kind of overwhelming advantage because it is inherently superior. Kind of a security blanket.

I would have no problem carrying a 1911, a Colt, S&W or Ruger revolver, a Glock or my XD, as long as I have shot it enough to confirm that it is reliable. There are no magic guns or bullets. Find a gun that you like and shoot well, practice, maybe compete or take some classes. Don't sweat finding the perfect handgun, unless you enjoy buying and selling guns, because you are going to look for it for a long, long time, because it hasn't been invented.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Go to a range...rent the guns...shoot the guns...**repeat**, then make a decision. Only way to make a decision. Kinda like asking who makes the best Hamburgers in the World...you will get sooooo many different answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts