Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My agency-issued sidearm, a 3rd gen Glock 22, broke. The left rear slide rail broke off the frame. The plastic is fine, it's the metal that broke. This pistol has never been abused or shot with +P ammunition. Only practice loads (CCI Blazers and American Eagle FMJ), and very rarely, like 3 magazines every 2 years, duty loads (Federal HST 180gr HP). I didn't know the gun was damaged until I took it apart for cleaning. I have no idea how many rounds went through it while broken. I didn't notice any difference in function. I already turned the gun in for replacement, so sorry, no pictures.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Be careful. I once posted a story about Indiana State Police returning a shipment of Glocks with numerous problems. I was nearly burned at the stake. Proof was demanded. I was hit several times with a partially cooked spaghetti noodle.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Lmao Jed.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Glad to give you a good start to your morning Nathan.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Impressive. They perform flawlessly even when broken.

kypix

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
You surely did. Now off to fishing for the day!
Have a good one, Jed.

Sorry to hijack OP's thread.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I have heard of that failure before. Something about improper heat treating of the metal.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
"Sorry no pictures."

Liar! It's not true! Couldn't happen! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
*shrug*

Well, at least if this happened in the middle of a firefight you wouldn't have died because your weapon was damaged.

Thanks for the story. A+ and gold star.

·
Banned
0 Posts
So it it still worked? Mine shoots with out a locking block.:D How often do you clean it? It seems like this should of been caught much sooner. Glocks suck. I also like my pasta al dente.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You just don't understand perfection...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Had to be total user failure. Glocks don't fail. Were my lips moving?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
They're known to be cheap to fix. Other guns are known for not breaking.

•••••••this is humor•••••••apologies to those who don't want me to post in Glock threads (not really eat me)•••••••

1 - 20 of 138 Posts