Springfield XD Forum banner

Glock 43x/48 flush fit 15 rnd. Mags

5K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  unclenunzie 
#1 ·
"Shield Arms" is now taking shipping orders for their flush fit 15 round magazines for the Glock 43x and Glock 48..They also have a metal mag catch for them as well..They come in single,double and triple packs with the metal mag catch..I ordered 1 to see how they perform..If good,I'll get a couple more..If anyone is interested..(sorry,tried to post a link but didn't work)...

#9 ·
A further update received about a slight delay due to first batch having issues with the finish - wrong finish applied by manufacturer. Straight up though, I like how they communicate. I want these to work, look good doing it, and make my 48 a little heavier.

#13 ·
Here's their email...

S15 Preorder Update

November 4, 2019

Bottom line up front: slight delay.

Our first shipment of magazines arrived from our magazine manufacturer, and today we ran them through quality control (QC). Unfortunately, they did not meet our standards as they were sent with the wrong surface finish. While this may not seem like a big deal, surface finish actually plays a big role in reliability, and we just aren’t willing to send magazines out to our customers that aren’t right, especially when it could potentially cause a reliability issue down the road.

The good news is that we should be receiving our next shipment of magazines next week, and we are assured that this issue will be corrected.

Thank you for your patience – as a way of saying thank you, ALL PREORDERS are shipping with a 20% OFF COUPON CODE to use on your next purchase at ShieldArms.com

#24 ·
I should probably buy a bunch more carry ammo to run through it. 5 rounds of 124 grain +P bonded golden sabers weigh 2.2 ounces. My G48 stuffed with 11 of these rounds weighs exactly 26 ounces. I might have to take a few keys off my key ring to carry my 48.s15 at 28.2 ounces.

Reactions: zee
#28 · (Edited)
Had a Gen 5 Glock 19 and a Glock Gen 5 48 (I guess all 48s are Gen 5 anyway). Sold the Glock 19 Gen 5 even though it was a great pistol. The 48 has a noticeable increase in recoil, but its about the same accuracy wise, just a little harder to shoot as well to extract it, but definitely easier to use for conceal carry thanks to the smaller dimensions. For a duty size pistol I would prefer the Glock 34 or Glock 19X. I wish Glock would take a hint from Polymer 80 and cut out the goofy grip angle and actually stipple the frames along with the undercut. Those frames are terrific IMO. I'm also not a fan of the serrated trigger, I wish Glock would offer the Glock 48 with the same smooth face trigger as the rest of the line.

I've been testing self defense ammunition at the range at 25 yards with 5 shots, standing unsupported for accuracy. Very slow, composed and without distraction or undue stress. Hornady seems to be the most accurate in my Glock 48, which the Glock 19 did not do so well with. Best of the group was Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr JHP. However, it was about 3" - 4" left of the center of the target and I need to drift the rear to adjust. I didn't move the sights during testing since I was going through various types of ammunition and no point to continually shift zero on fixed sights. If you cut the group and move it where it should be, you can see that the little pistol can be a decent shooter WITH the right ammunition below. Barnes sadly looked like a shotgun and I wouldn't carry it if you paid me. Unfortunately, factory barrels tend to be more sensitive to ammunition types/lots than quality barrels from makers like KKM/Kart.

#29 ·
That’s nice shooting.

I had a couple of gen 4’s that I was OK with but I really like the gen 5’s. With the new barrel I think they’re a lot more accurate, at least for me they are, and I like the texture of the gen 5 grips. I carry a 48, my night stand gun is a 19x, and I recently added a gen 5 19 with forward serrations and night sights in trade. The only downside is the crappy polymer triggers but I’ve replaced the stock trigger in all of them. 2 have Apex triggers and 1 has a Zev. I just factor in the cost of a new trigger when buying a Glock.

The M&P 2.0 has a polymer trigger and it doesn’t bother me, I love the 2.0’s, but I hate the stock polymer Glock trigger.

#33 ·
Received my 3 + mag catch on Thursday. Installed the catch, seems well made. Loaded the mags with 124 grain gold dots. Looking forward to testing them and running a bunch of range fodder through them to qualify the mags. From (pre)order to delivery was about 4 months. G48 weighs 26 ounces 10+1 glock mag, 28 ounces 15+1 S15 mag. I can live with that (if they work well of course).

The mags themselves fell very solid, and have the look of typical double-stacks. They drop free in my G48 with silver slide.

#35 ·
I have the 3 pack with shield arms mag catch.

Glock 48 silver-slide, S15 mags with +10% springs (would not lock back with original springs). Two handed, one handed, weak handed, deliberate limp wrist numerous times. Lock back was 100%, feed, fire, eject 100%:

Speer Lawman 115gr (108 total)
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1) all good.

Speer gold dot 124 gr standard pressure (62 total)
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1) all good

Mixed rounds (4)
Mag 1, GD,fmj,GD,fmj, weak hand deliberately limp wrist, stovepipe round 3 and fail to feed last round.

Would you carry with this result?

#36 ·
I have the 3 pack with shield arms mag catch.

Glock 48 silver-slide, S15 mags with +10% springs (would not lock back with original springs). Two handed, one handed, weak handed, deliberate limp wrist numerous times. Lock back was 100%, feed, fire, eject 100%:

Speer Lawman 115gr (108 total)
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1) all good.

Speer gold dot 124 gr standard pressure (62 total)
Mag 1 (+1),2,3 all good
Mag 1 (+1) all good

Mixed rounds (4)
Mag 1, GD,fmj,GD,fmj, weak hand deliberately limp wrist, stovepipe round 3 and fail to feed last round.

Would you carry with this result?
I’d keep shooting them and see if they break in.

#37 ·
Roger that. Today I disassembled all three, wiped out a bunch of residue out and then went over the inside of the mag tubes with renaissance wax. It took a bunch of gunk out that a dry patch didn't. CLP might have done the same. Reassembled and the followers seem to run more smoothly. Did the out side of the mags too, just because. Don't know why I chose to do this with ren wax. Have had a jar of it on my workbench for a while :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.