Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up lightly used 36 super cheap last week with 3 mags and less than 200 rds. I've put several hundred trouble free rounds through it and I'm liking it to the point I might start to carry.
I'm looking for options from those who have Trijicon and meprolight sights.
I can get the trijicons for $74 shipped. I usually just get factory night sights. Of the above is one better/different than the other? Any negatives?
Thanks MM

·
Registered
29,661 Posts
Personally, I think that Trijicon dots are a bit more distinct in full dark, where meps are a bit more diffuse (and I've had both on my pistols).

I'd recommend Trijis.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I like the trijicons also. Really bright in the dark and nice and crisp in the light.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have 4 year old Trijicons on my G36 and they are very bright. I am very impressed with them so far.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I have Trij's on one Glock and Mepros on another. The mepros win hands down. Especially in daylight. Congrats on the G36. I've been considering one myself. I just wish Glock would come out with a single stack .45 about the size of the G23 with maybe a couple more rounds in the mag. The G30 is just too bulky.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I favor the two-tone Meps. Got 'em on my nightstand gun and I love the sight picture in daylight or at night.

Trijicons are fine, and you won't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
356 Posts
love my G36 and only glock i like, came with metro pros and have had no probs, very bright. Only sights ive bought aftermarket are trijicons and love them as well for XD, XDM, H&K's and FN. Im usually Trijicon all the way but for some reason on the G36 i prefer the metro pro's, fit is more flush IMO and just looks better but you can never go wrong with the Trijicons.
layz

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great insight everyone. Stay safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts