Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used G34 yesterday. Promptly cleaned then taken to the range today. Shot about 150 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr and RWS 124 gr ammo. Zero failures.

Here's proof that it did happen:

5 Rounds, 7 yards

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Nice and glad they shoot that well, we ordered one a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up a used G34 yesterday. Promptly cleaned then taken to the range today. Shot about 150 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr and RWS 124 gr ammo. Zero failures.

5 Rounds, 7 yards

Nice pistol. It's a good one. Sorry I didn't clean it before I had my FFL guy ship it to you. Had to work and then get to my FFL guy before he closed afterwards.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I really like the 34. Too bad the trigger feels funny. It is a nice 3.5# pull but it has always felt like it is kind of sprung feel. Where the XD trigger feels very crisp.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pistol. It's a good one. Sorry I didn't clean it before I had my FFL guy ship it to you. Had to work and then get to my FFL guy before he closed afterwards.
Ha! There you are Billy. No problem about the cleaning part. I enjoyed every minute of it. I completely detail stripped it and gave a thorough cleaning before joining the rest of the family and I have a rather disfunctional one.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Got to play around with a buddies brand new Gen 4 glock 22 duty weapon with night sights. Did not shoot it he just got it but man Im seriously thinking of getting a glock! Night sights are bad ass! I would love a gen 4 G23 or G27 not sure which. My XD9 service just sits in the safe and I use only my XD40sc. However I have quite a bit of 9mm ammo. :rolleyes: Im so broke I can't afford one right now that I actually toyed with the idea of trading it. He actually offered me $300 for a Gen3 G22 with only 600 rounds through it and I could not swing the money! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the 34. Too bad the trigger feels funny. It is a nice 3.5# pull but it has always felt like it is kind of sprung feel. Where the XD trigger feels very crisp.
I have an XDM too. The xdm is heavier and longer pull, but love it just the same. The 3.5 is nice and travel is short, although I did not have both at the range today. I may bring both next time and compare.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Factory Glock connectors are a little mushy for me. I prefer Lonewolf, Ghost Ultimate, Scherer, or Glockworx. BTW, accurate looks great!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Factory Glock connectors are a little mushy for me. I prefer Lonewolf, Ghost Ultimate, Scherer, or Glockworx. BTW, accurate looks great!
Thanks.

I actually looked on these connectors until I realized mine already has a 3.5 lb connector. I couldn't really say anything about the mushiness but then again, this is my first Glock.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to play around with a buddies brand new Gen 4 glock 22 duty weapon with night sights. Did not shoot it he just got it but man Im seriously thinking of getting a glock! Night sights are bad ass! I would love a gen 4 G23 or G27 not sure which. My XD9 service just sits in the safe and I use only my XD40sc. However I have quite a bit of 9mm ammo. :rolleyes: Im so broke I can't afford one right now that I actually toyed with the idea of trading it. He actually offered me $300 for a Gen3 G22 with only 600 rounds through it and I could not swing the money! :twisted:
Get one! I was on the fence on Glocks. I've only shot a G17 on a rental before. I chose the xdm over it then because of the safety features and looks. Somehow, I keep going back to the Glock and wishing I had one.

But since you're fixated with the G22, I can help you by you giving me your stockpile of 9mm ammo. I'm going to need it. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm starting to get into IDPA here in KS and would absolutely love a G34. Even stock those things can run with anyone in SSP if your skills are up to it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been planning to go to an IDPA match here locally for a few weeks now and I keep getting distracted with other priorities. :(

I've never been in one so I don't know how my skill would stack up against the competition. I'm hoping I can go this week.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well welcome to what is probably the most "real-world" competition. Depending on the Match Director some stages are actually based on real folk's personal defense scenarios so you'll be going through what someone else had to... just without the fear of death or serious bodily harm. Also, you may want to brush up on the rules as their are some rather complicated ones regarding magazine retention (complicated for some people at least). And if I may offer one more piece of advice that no one asked for :rolleyes:, you can never miss fast enough.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Congratulations! That is a fine pistol.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. The finish on this is tough, I tell you. I bought it used then added my 150+ rounds. The barrel still looks almost unfired new, smiley faces barely show.

·
Registered
272 Posts

5 Rounds, 7 yards

That's all you hit in 150 rounds?

Just kidding, great shooting and congratulations on a great firearm.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's all you hit in 150 rounds?

Just kidding, great shooting and congratulations on a great firearm.
Haha. Yeah. The rest didn't even hit the paper.

The others were used for things like single hand, weak hand, double/triple taps, blindfolded (j/k), calibrating laser attachment, another guy wanting to try it out, and a few flyers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts