Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my HK for this + plus the light and 50 rounds of Gold Dots.

I have a smooth trigger I'm going to drop in and I'm going to replace the extended slide release. Planning on hitting the range this weekend for a few shots.

I've never shot a C model before, should be fun. I'll probably get a 40 non-compensated barrel for it though.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
On another board somewhere a guy is giddy that he found someone to trade an HK for a Glock.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno, Snap. I took the HK to 3 gun stores and the highest offer I got was $335. I know they buy low and sell high, but apparently used USP 40's just aren't in great demand.

I had $500 in the HK, and I think got over $500 out of it.

I can actually shoot the Glock worth a ****, so that was a big factor too.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I dunno, Snap. I took the HK to 3 gun stores and the highest offer I got was $335. I know they buy low and sell high, but apparently used USP 40's just aren't in great demand.

I had $500 in the HK, and I think got over $500 out of it.

I can actually shoot the Glock worth a ****, so that was a big factor too.
You know I'm just funninwichya. If you got the money you had in the HK back good for you. I had a buddy in the early 80's traded a '65 GTO for a 4 banger Mustang 2 cause his wife wanted something practical. Your trade was MUCH better.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know I'm just funninwichya. If you got the money you had in the HK back good for you. I had a buddy in the early 80's traded a '65 GTO for a 4 banger Mustang 2 cause his wife wanted something practical. Your trade was MUCH better.
Oh, I know.

I hope she was worth it. LOL.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Very nice,

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You done good and nobody can say you didn't give the HK a fair shot. I have a couple of Glock C models and they are fun. My 32 is a Gen 4 and I love it. This is a terrible town for those selling HK's but it has been good to me as an HK buyer.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You done good and nobody can say you didn't give the HK a fair shot. I have a couple of Glock C models and they are fun. My 32 is a Gen 4 and I love it. This is a terrible town for those selling HK's but it has been good to me as an HK buyer.
I never thought of that.

I just can't get used to the DA/SA thing. I knew I would probably not shoot it that much long term and it wasn't special enough to be a safe queen, but too fancy for a truck gun.

If I get another HK it would probably be a P30 with the LEM.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I never thought of that.

I just can't get used to the DA/SA thing. I knew I would probably not shoot it that much long term and it wasn't special enough to be a safe queen, but too fancy for a truck gun.

If I get another HK it would probably be a P30 with the LEM.
Not a LEM but I have a P30L. Sweet gun, out shoots any polymer 9 I've ever owned and is just a tick behind my P226X5 for accuracy. I'm waiting to see if the rumored striker P30 is coming, or the P30 sub compact.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have two P30 LEM's, one long and one short. I'd suggest if you didn't like the USP you won't like the P30. While I don't think it is that bad the P30 is considered the worst of the HK triggers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts