Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
why are you asking us on an xd forum. you know you will get a lot of bias opinions. man you need to go handle both and figure out which one feels better to yourself. they both shoot pretty good. its up to you. personally i cant stand the feel of the glock in my hands.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
well the xd 45 compact has two neat features the glock doesnt.

it has the grip safety, and the grip itself is a 10 or a 13 rd grip depending on what mag you use.

plus the more natural grip angle for me and i think most folks.

its a hard gun to beat, i would have paid significantly more for my XD45 compact because of the features.

I think glock needs to stop resting on their laurels and start incorporating some new stuff even if it is copying.

let get all socratic, why do you think the glock 30 is better than a xd45c ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Becuase I have a 30 an an xd it just seems like i had to do to much to the xd to make it work for me where the 30 i didn't have to do anything to it.

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
everybody is different and every person has their opinions. they joys of freedom.

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
I prefer the G30 over the XD45.

Reasons:

I prefer the way the Glock sits in my hand. The tall slide/high bore axis combo of the XD makes it feel excessively top heavy to me.

Trigger. I prefer stock Glock triggers to stock XD triggers--XD's feel incredibly mushy to me.

Grip. I'm one of those people who like the chunky, thick grip of G21's and G30's, and have never understood the ballyhoo about a Glock's grip angle--it feels as natural to me as a 1911's.

None of these reasons should be construed as a knock against XD's. I think they are both fine weapons, but Glocks work better for me.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Try and shoot em both if ya can, there both great pistols its just a matter of personal preference, also don't rule out the S&W M&P 45c.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I'd also consider the M&P .45 compact.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glocks are great and I shoot well with every one I've ever held. They're reliable, easy, accurate and cheap. They also hurt my hands after 1 mag, feel awkward and I prefer to have a more safety features. Plus they're ugly- not that it matters.

All things being equal, I'm naturally a better shot with a Glock. But the XD line feels better in my hands for extended shooting sessions and I think they're inherently safer. And they just look so much cooler.

Of course there's always the HK USP...

PS: I haven't tried the M&P but I hear they're very good firearms. I'd like to rent one soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just sold a G30SF and picked up a used XD45 Compact.
The trigger guard on the Glock was downright painful on my strong hand, middle finger knuckle. Grip was too fat, too short, just uncomfortable to shoot.
I prefer the Glock trigger as it has less pretravel, less mush, more positive reset. However, that's about it. Don't miss it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'd also consider the M&P .45 compact.
The only drawback I see with it is the 8+1 capacity. Don't rule out a .40 or 9mm honestly they will get the job done too and there going to be a bit of a smaller easier to conceal package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased the G30SF and absolutely love this gun! From its reliability to its low price on replacement parts...hard not to like this one (it also shoots very comfortably and is extremely accurate)!

That being said, research the XD model on this site, hold them both and see which one works for you. Although not the same model, I have the XD45 Service model with thumb safety and have been pleased with this gun - but if I could only have one, it would be the G30SF.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I just bought my g30sf last week, love it, sold my xd 45 c to a friend

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just traded a XD45 Compact for a G30SF. I love my G30SF, I bought it because it was very comfortable, replacement parts, extremely accurate and reliability. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts