Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a Glock 27, haven't had a chance to shoot one yet though, was wondering how the recoil was on it. I have the G23 is it similar to that?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If recoil is an issue, get a G26. ;)

It's pretty similar to the G23, maybe a little more because of the shorter barrel and lighter gun.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
It's manageable but a little more effort than the 23. Like Mike said, the shorter grip.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
There may be a little bit more from the 26 to the 27. But negligible, and hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I don't like the .40's recoil to begin with compared with the 9 and .45.

The baby glock size isn't going to make anything better.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

^ I concur..
Although I did buy a G27 barrel for my G33, I don't care for the 40cal in it.
I only bought the G27 barrel in case the ammo situation goes to **** again..
The last shortage I could always find 40cal, even when there was no 9mm or 45ACP.

But I do loves running me some 357sig.....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Me either, even though I carried a .40 for years, it was strictly under peer pressure. I am now immune to any peer pressure whatsoever. :)

I carry a G19, perfect carry.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Me either, even though I carried a .40 for years, it was strictly under peer pressure. I am now immune to any peer pressure whatsoever. :)

I carry a G19, perfect carry.
Hehe. .40 is a product of groupthink!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
^ I concur..
The last shortage I could always find 40cal, even when there was no 9mm or 45ACP.

Actually a very good idea.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
^ I concur..

Do you like the recoil of the .357 sig better than the .40 or do you just like the performance of the round if you are going to have to deal with recoil anyway?

I've never shot .357 sig before.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Looking at buying a Glock 27, haven't had a chance to shoot one yet though, was wondering how the recoil was on it. I have the G23 is it similar to that?
As stated it, it's similar but with less grip. I don't have a problem shooting it with one hand. The dual recoil spring does a better job with the recoil than the single springs do from my experience.

After doing a side by side comparison, there really isn't much difference in recoil between .40 and the 9mm +P I was trying.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
These will help...
I like them on my G26 and G33, but not so much the G19..

T A C T I C A L A D V A N T A G E

I'd suggest a G33 over a G27..
But you can always buy a G33 barrel and run 357sig in your G27..:mrgreen:
The GAP floor plates are pretty much a must on the G27 or 33 IMO. The G26 not so much, but like LL1, I have them on all my G26 and 27 mags.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I had a G27 but not for long. It was the first gun I ever sold. The recoil while not really that bad is pretty stout. Guy bought it from me for his wife and she can't shoot it much before her hand is hurting bad.
My experience comparison for recoil goes like this. Top being the harshest recoil and less desirable gun.
To each his own as they say.
1. Glock G27
2. SA XDM 3.8 compact 3.8 .40 cal
3. Ruger SR40C
IMO the Ruger has best recoil control and best trigger of the three. Friend of mine has the SR9C and he was surprised the SR40c recoil was not bad at all. Ruger was also the least expensive by at least $150 less cost. The Ruger is a tad bigger than the G27 and maybe a tad smaller than the XDM 3.8. Out of the three the XDM trigger felt the worst.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Do you like the recoil of the .357 sig better than the .40 or do you just like the performance of the round if you are going to have to deal with recoil anyway?

I've never shot .357 sig before.
To me, the 357sig is just like shooting a really hot 9mm, which is pretty much what it is.
So imagine shooting whatever 9mm pistol, with +P, and then add a touch more power to it, without the 40 muzzle flip..
I always say shooting 357sig is just 'fun'.
But I can shoot it all day, the recoil doesn't bother me.
I can't say the same for my 380 LCP though.
A few mags out of it is enough.
Same for the Glock 30S, which is why I sold it..

I bought a Sig P229 in 1995 chambered in 40.
Bought a 357sig barrel for it and never ran 40 thru it again.
Foolishly sold that gun when I got into my XD craze..:roll:

Getting back into 357sig this year, I bought a Glock 22 and then bought a Glock 31 barrel for it.
Same situation as with the G33, I'll rarely if ever run 40 thru it, although I have 400 rounds of 40 just in case.
Only bought the G22 over the G31 in case I ever had to sell it.
I knew it would be easier to sell a G22, even if I have both barrels to run both calibers, you know how people are.

But when it came to buying the subcompact in 357sig, I got the G33 because I knew I would sometimes carry it.
Also because I found a Gen 2.5 G33 that has the finger grooves, but a smooth front strap.
My G26 is the same Gen.

I got my G33 slide and barrel back from CCR and finally got it all back together yesterday.
I know I'm known for making black guns silver and sliver guns black, I'm trying to cut down on that.
But I only did it this time to be able to tell my G33 and G26 apart at a glance.
As well for a carry gun, the nickel boron really does 'seem' to make the gun run smoother and MUCH easier to clean.
I'm really liking the Trijicon HD sights, and will probably get a set for my G26..

Before the refinish..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts