Springfield XD Forum banner

Glock 26 Gen 4

5K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  wjcII 
#1 ·
Just purchased one of these for the wife. She handled many of guns in the process of finding the one that was right for her. We borrowed a friends to let her shoot and see if she still liked it. She liked so i suprised her with it for our anniversary. I have never owned a glock before. I have heard there are some cheap trigger fixes for these guys. Can anyone enlighten me?

#2 ·
Search for 25 cent glock trigger upgrade. That will show you how to do a fluff n' buff job to smooth it out. It is basically what would happen after you shoot a few thousand rounds through it, which smooths the trigger pull.

If you want to upgrade parts, go to Lone Wolf Dist and purchase any or all of the below:

Heavier, 6lb trigger spring
Titanium Plunger with spring
Lone Wolf or Ghost 3.5lb Rocket connector
Ultimate Trigger Stop (doesn't help trigger, but gives you a shorter trigger reset for
Follow up shots)

Don't bother messing with Recoil or Striker springs. Its best to keep those stock for inexperienced owners. Reliability with ammo you buy at the store is best achieved with those factory parts. And, of course, you want a reliable pistol.

The upgrades i mentioned are easy to do for most any owner. The Glock is super eady to work on and there are a LOT of Youtube How To video's if you need assistance in showing you step by step instructions. Of course, the instructions at the Lone Wolf website and that come with the parts are very thorough.

Start with the $0.25 trigger job, if you want a better trigger, start upgrading with new parts, or just spend the money on ammo and practice with the trigger to master it.

Hope that helps you guys out.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply sir! I will check that out. I don't think I will get thousands of rounds through it any time soon, although it may take that to get my wife to stop flinching. She is getting better the more she shoots!

#4 ·
Throw a few snap caps or dummy rounds into the magaxine without her knowing about it. Then when she pulls the trigger, nothing will happen, and she can see how bad she closes her eyes and how much her sights move...etc
If you can videotape each other during practice, it helps to see what you need to work on. Have fun ;)

#7 ·
Just be aware that if you decide to change to the 3.5 lbs connector, it may not be safe for carry. That trigger will be light and can induce accidental discharge. For range use, probably OK, but not for carry.

The better suggestion is to practice with snap caps. It helped me get used to the 10 pound double action trigger pull on my Sig P226. That finger will get used to the trigger and will improve the accuracy quite a bit by eliminating the flinch and anticipation. You'll see this when you're dry firing. The pistol should have no movement as you slowly press on that trigger.

#8 ·
Just be aware that if you decide to change to the 3.5 lbs connector, it may not be safe for carry. That trigger will be light and can induce accidental discharge. For range use, probably OK, but not for carry.

The better suggestion is to practice with snap caps. It helped me get used to the 10 pound double action trigger pull on my Sig P226. That finger will get used to the trigger and will improve the accuracy quite a bit by eliminating the flinch and anticipation. You'll see this when you're dry firing. The pistol should have no movement as you slowly press on that trigger.
This is total unfounded BS. The trigger is not that much lighter by ONLY changing the connector. A 3.5 lb connector does NOT give you a 3.5lb trigger pull, and it will NOT lead to an accidental discharge. Handguns don't go BOOM all by themselves, RIDICULOUS! SHEESH:rolleyes:

#9 ·
This is total unfounded BS. The trigger is not that much lighter by ONLY changing the connector. A 3.5 lb connector does NOT give you a 3.5lb trigger pull, and it will NOT lead to an accidental discharge. Handguns don't go BOOM all by themselves, RIDICULOUS! SHEESH:rolleyes:
So I guess that explains why Glock only sells the 3.5 connectors with their target pistols - G34 and G17L and none on the other models.

I have both a G17 with stock connector and a G34 with the 3.5 connector. The uptake (creep) is the same. The break is entirely different. My G34 trigger breaks much more easily. It's one of my house guns and will never carry it.

You can put a .5 lbs whatever on your trigger. That's fine by me. It's your gun and your entitled to do what u want with it. I'm just saying that IMHO, I will not carry one, especially with a round in the chamber.

#10 ·
So I guess that explains why Glock only sells the 3.5 connectors with their target pistols - G34 and G17L and none on the other models.

I have both a G17 with stock connector and a G34 with the 3.5 connector. The uptake (creep) is the same. The break is entirely different. My G34 trigger breaks much more easily. It's one of my house guns and will never carry it.

You can put a .5 lbs whatever on your trigger. That's fine by me. It's your gun and your entitled to do what u want with it. I'm just saying that IMHO, I will not carry one, especially with a round in the chamber.
Your opinion is fine. However it is misinformation. The 3.5# connector will not cause a gun to fire at the twinkle of a nose and in your opinion, that is once again wrong, the 3.5# connector will not disable the firingpin block. The only way a pistol carried with a round in the chamber will fire is to pull the trigger. NEWS FLASH!! The only way a trigger can be pulled is if the idget carrying it has no clue about fundamental pistol skills and pulls it before it is on target or pointed in a safe direction.

IMHO all you want. I, and others will make it very clear your HO is wrong and should not be taken as factual information...........

#11 ·
I did not say that the 3.5# connector will disable the FP block, nor did I say that it's so light it would depress at a twinkle of the nose. But it is light enough that it does not require much force to depress compared to the stock connector, light enough I would not feel comfortable carrying, IMHO.

The OP can buy the 3.5 connector. It's inexpensive and easy to replace. Then he can make that decision for himself if he feels it's safe enough for carry.

#12 ·
That trigger will be light and can induce accidental discharge.

You could have a 72# trigger pull. The only way you increase your chances of a negligent (there is nothing accidental about pulling a trigger) discharge is to pull the trigger when it is not safe to. There is no two ways about it, excuses or parts or equiment that can change that is what I am saying and it is not an opinion either. Its a fact.

#13 ·
Seeing how proper defensive shooting is to keep your finger off of the trigger until you know you are ready to stop the threat it doesn't matter you use a 2.5lb trigger. Don't buy a gun and just strap it to your hip. Train, train and keep training.

#14 ·
You could have a 72# trigger pull. The only way you increase your chances of a negligent (there is nothing accidental about pulling a trigger) discharge is to pull the trigger when it is not safe to. There is no two ways about it, excuses or parts or equiment that can change that is what I am saying and it is not an opinion either. Its a fact.
Would you carry a 1911 with a round in a chamber, cocked, and safety off?

#15 ·
I wouldn't...;)
But I do carry a cocked and locked EMP..

Back to the OP..
I recently bought a G19 and read thru all the 3.5 disconnectors and spring changes etc etc etc etc...

But after a couple range trips I decided to leave it stock.
I like the trigger the way it is for now.
Being that Mrs. agould27 is a fairly new shooter, I would leave the trigger alone for now.
I might look into polishing the metal to metal contacts, I do that on all my handguns, but for now I won't be replacing any parts.
Although that is subject to change in the future..;)

BTW, the wife has good taste.
I am in agreement with her that she prefers the Glock trigger over the XD/XDm trigger..

#17 ·

If you can give me a correlation between the Glock and 1911 firing system, I will answer that....

I gotta clean up the coke I just laughed out now........

Oh and let me add. Would you carry a DA revolver with all cylinders loaded? Mama always told me there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. So there ya go, guess mom was right...

#18 ·

I carry a G26 with a 3.5# connector daily. So far, after several years of such carry, no "induced" accidental discharges. :cool: I always polish all metal-to-metal surfaces in my Glocks' firing mechnisms. I tried the Ghost Rocket connector, but found it to be too mushy...same with the factory 3.5# connector.

I do use Agrip on all my Glocks, and I equip all my Glocks with night sights. I prefer the Ghost Ultimate or Lonewolf connectors to most others that I've tried. Also have had good luck with the Scherer connectors.

I doubt that the titanium plunger contributes much to improving the trigger pull, so I'd not recommend that option.

#20 ·
Completely concur. I have the 3.5lb connector in my gun and I carry. It's just fine. Trust me when I tell you that there's no risk "the gun will go off on its own."

And Glock doesn't do it because they're trying to lawyer-proof themselves. You know as well as I do that any factory-created change in virtually any aspect of a gun's operation is an invitation to some soul-sucking lawyer-slimebag to rape a company in court.

#21 ·
I did not say that the 3.5# connector will disable the FP block, nor did I say that it's so light it would depress at a twinkle of the nose. But it is light enough that it does not require much force to depress compared to the stock connector, light enough I would not feel comfortable carrying, IMHO.

The OP can buy the 3.5 connector. It's inexpensive and easy to replace. Then he can make that decision for himself if he feels it's safe enough for carry.
Do you make up this stuff as you go along, or did you read it from an "Internet Expert" from the WILLY WONKA handgun upgrade book? :rolleyes:

Giving false information is the worst thing you can do to a new shooter who is just looking for info. Especially since he DID NOT ASK you about the connector or the BS you keep shoveling!

#22 ·
Do you make up this stuff as you go along, or did you read it from an "Internet Expert" from the WILLY WONKA handgun upgrade book? :rolleyes:

Giving false information is the worst thing you can do to a new shooter who is just looking for info. Especially since he DID NOT ASK you about the connector or the BS you keep shoveling!
No I did not make this stuff up otherwise I would not make the claim. I don't have the years of practical experience as obviously you have so with that, I'd leave this discuss to your expert opinion.

My only reference is that I have both connector options on my two Glocks and compared them side by side. That's my evidence and I'm sticking to it. I really don't see how you can't tell the difference.

#23 ·
I carry a G26 with a 3.5# connector daily. So far, after several years of such carry, no "induced" accidental discharges. :cool: I always polish all metal-to-metal surfaces in my Glocks' firing mechnisms. I tried the Ghost Rocket connector, but found it to be too mushy...same with the factory 3.5# connector.

I do use Agrip on all my Glocks, and I equip all my Glocks with night sights. I prefer the Ghost Ultimate or Lonewolf connectors to most others that I've tried. Also have had good luck with the Scherer connectors.

I doubt that the titanium plunger contributes much to improving the trigger pull, so I'd not recommend that option.
In regards to the Titanium Plunger. It's not because it is made of titanium, it's because it has a very round profile as opposed to the flat and square factory plunger. It makes the trigger bar notch have less friction and less surface area to overcome. I ground & shaped the factory plunger to the same spec as the titanium plunger, and it does give a smoother pull as well as a better reset.

#24 ·
Wow thinks for the great debate lol. I am not worried about the 3.5# going boom on its own. All my xd's are at 4#'s and I don't have any worries carrying those. THe original 26 that my wife tried before buying had the 3.5 connector and that was my buddies everyday carry gun. I appreciate both sides of the debate but I agree if you train enought you won't have the ng's.

#26 ·
I owned a Glock 26 and if you go to most gun shows you'll find someone selling the 3.5Lb trigger piece. (it's not really a spring) and they should be able to show you how to install it which takes all of 30 seconds to replace the original one. Also think of getting mag caps to give your little finger to rest on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.