Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about trying out a glock 26 as well as keeping my XDS......my XDS fits my hand perfect with the addition of the pearce extension. I have noticed the glock 26 grip looks to be shorter then the standard XDS grip so I am wondering if I added the larger Pearce PG26XL to the glock 26, would that give me the same finger room my XDS has with the pearce grip? I have pretty big hands.

Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
If you get a chance, try the 26 and the 19. If you can step up in size just a little bit to the 19, I think you would like it more. But the 19 is still rather small for large hands.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I don't have a 19 yet unfortunately, but it fits my hand well. It is exactly the length of grip I need and nothing else. Barely enough room but enough. I have medium to medium/large hands by the way.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
And wide fingers and huge thumbs. My thumb takes up almost half the keyboard on my iPhone.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If the XD-S fits with the Pearce Extension, so will the G26.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Try out the gap floor plates as well.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Those do look pleasant.

I'd wager you could check one out in a shop. If they're decent people, they'd have a pierce on the shelf and change it out real quick or might just have one with it already on a mag.

Or the 19. It really doesn't give up much size compared to a pierce on the 26. You'd just have more meat on the heel of the grip but gain what, 5 rounds on board?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I wear 2xl gloves and I grip my gen4 G27 just fine. Even running the M beavertail on it right now.

I like the Pearce extensions fine, but I usually run the flush fit magazines. My pinky curls up under the magazine and I don't need it or miss it when firing the weapon. I wasn't really a fan of my grip on the 19/23. I didn't feel like I got enough purchase to justify the size increase of the gun versus just running a 17/22 for the full grip. I figured if I wasn't going to have a comfortable grip anyway, I might as well have better concealability.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I need the Pearce extensions for my 26 and my hands are only L. Even with the pinky tucked under it's absolutely controllable.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I have large hands and carry a G26 daily. I use the GAP floorplate. Also use a G19 mag with Xgrip sleeve as a backup mag. The G19 mag only adds one inch to the grip length. I recently bought a G19 and love it, but I still carry the G26 daily. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts