Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used (but very nice - appx 500 rds) Glock21 SF, $500.00 Should I get one? The one I'm looking at has the rail on the bottom.

Anyone have one? Do you like it? thanks.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
All G21SF's have a rail on the bottom. Are you referring to the universal rail, or the picatinny-type rail?

The price is fair for a NIB G21SF.

ETA--while I do not have a G21 SF, I have a couple of G21's (one Gen2 and one Gen3). Personally, I think they are flat out the best choice for a double stack, full-sized striker fired .45acp pistol, bar none...and I've pretty much tried all of the competition.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the picatinny rail - kind of a turn off for me:confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds a little on the high side for a used one and a little on the low side for NIB but I haven't priced a G21SF in over a year.

I have a G21SF and it's the .45 I own that I'm most accurate with and enjoy shooting the most (also have a Sig 220 and HK USP). Replaced the springs and polished up the sear & striker surfaces myself and, though I'm handy and somewhat mechanically inclined, I'm no master gunsmith. Glocks are known for being easy to work on and there are lots of aftermarket parts available. I'm pleased with my home-made trigger job.

I was surprised by how different the G21 and G21SF felt when I gripped them. Visually, the frames/grips don't look that much different, though the differences are noticeable to the eye. The SF fit my hand much, much better than a regular frame G21. Obviously, this is a highly personal decision/factor--there are some people out there who like the regular frame models more.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'll add that a lot of people have had troubles with the G21SF with the ambidextrous mag release. I'd look at ones that only have the left-sided mag release.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes its used (appx 500 rnds) and yes - it has the ambidextrous mag release.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I love the 21sf. Shot my buddies a little bit and it's dead accurate and reliable. He did have some FTF's but the thing was dirty and he wouldn't clean it. I have given it a spit shine a few times too and since my cleansing/lubings nothing has failed. . Easy to clean and assemble but I am not a fan of the plastic guide rod. Seems really cheap to me. Overall great pistol.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yes its used (appx 500 rnds) and yes - it has the ambidextrous mag release.
Well, their price is too high for a used Glock as it is; even moreso for the less-desireable ambidextrous mag release version of the 21SF.

Even at $400 I would balk.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
That's a deal breaker for me.
Your choice, but I fail to see any valid reason for it...I've never had one break in tens of thousands of rounds through various Glocks...and from all reports, if they do break, it often doesn't stop the pistol from running.

And finally, if one's panties are still bunched at the thought, a metal guide rod is cheap...less than $20 for just the rod, or $25 for a complete assembly, spring included.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, their price is too high for a used Glock as it is; even moreso for the less-desireable ambidextrous mag release version of the 21SF.

Even at $400 I would balk.
Because of the ami mag release? or its just too much for that gun? But I very seldom see any glocks in the $400.00 range, let alone .45acp

·
Registered
616 Posts
Because of the ami mag release? or its just too much for that gun? But I very seldom see any glocks in the $400.00 range, let alone .45acp
The ambi mag release has been a bit of a disaster for Glock. They're prone to simply falling apart, which obviously disallows one from shooting the gun. Less than ideal for a defense gun. ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ambi mag release has been a bit of a disaster for Glock. They're prone to simply falling apart, which obviously disallows one from shooting the gun. Less than ideal for a defense gun. ;)
Gotta love "Perfection"......:p

·
Registered
616 Posts
*SIGH*

I just wish they'd never changed anything on any of their models. Their Gen 4 guns have been a debacle, and this ambi-SF model sucks ass. Before those came out, the G36 was the only model that wasn't always completely reliable.

There was no reason at all to change anything aside from the backstrap being able to accept different sized palm swells, which doesn't require any real changes to the gun. Certainly nothing internal like they did with the Gen 4 models. :sad:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Your choice, but I fail to see any valid reason for it...I've never had one break in tens of thousands of rounds through various Glocks...and from all reports, if they do break, it often doesn't stop the pistol from running.

And finally, if one's panties are still bunched at the thought, a metal guide rod is cheap...less than $20 for just the rod, or $25 for a complete assembly, spring included.
I agree with this 100%.

I have three earlier model Glocks (21 and two 17s (Gen 3)), no failures on any. Great firearms, not so sure about the new stuff.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
942 Posts
$500 is to much period.
I can get these locally at gun shops for $479 brand new (no not a gun show)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts