Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added my third Glock 19 to the collection last weekend. I already had a Gen 3 (my first Glock, top of photo) and a Gen 4 OD.

The newly acquired Gen 4 is in great condition, looks like it wasn't shot or carried much. It has the Glock steel night sights, which seem to be very nice. The previous owner had color filled the engravings, which I've left for now. It also came with 4 mags...not bad!

Question for the Glock guys: it didn't come with the grip attachments like my OD model, and it lacks the "notch" on the back of the frame. The serial number dates it to around 9/2011. Is it an early Gen 4? It has the "teflon frying pan" finish, which I like. My others have the slick matte finish.

I was happy. Thought about selling one, but the 19 is one of my favorite guns to shoot ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
If you get 12 more Glocks Joe will trade you for his Wilson Combat CQB (his asking price is 15 Glocks). So keep saving!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get 12 more Glocks Joe will trade you for his Wilson Combat CQB (his asking price is 15 Glocks). So keep saving!
Lol I'm way closer than 12! I'm always envious of Joe's 1911 collection :cool:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats. About the the grips... The early Gen4s didn't have the beavertail add-ons, just the larger 2 panels. There wouldn't be the notch in the back on early Gen4s. My Gen4 G35 doesn't have the beavertail add-ons or the notch.

Edit: I'd also verify all the internal stuff has been upgraded. RSA, ejector and extractor. Run it first. Those are cheap/easy to replace if needed.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. About the the grips... The early Gen4s didn't have the beavertail add-ons, just the larger 2 panels. There wouldn't be the notch in the back on early Gen4s. My Gen4 G35 doesn't have the beavertail add-ons or the notch.

Edit: I'd also verify all the internal stuff has been upgraded. RSA, ejector and extractor. Run it first. Those are cheap/easy to replace if needed.
Thanks for the info.

I hope to hit the range in the next few days. It has the 034 RSA & the ejector is a 336. Like you said, parts are inexpensive & easy to replace ;)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Nice, well done sir!

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
Nice addition!
The older ones (Gen 4) had the BTF issues.
I did not have any BTF issues with mine.

I need to get another 19. I gave my oldest son mine.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Yep. Snap's right. It's 15 Glocks or no deal. ;)
Lol I'm way closer than 12! I'm always envious of Joe's 1911 collection :cool:
Thanks. And congrats on the new/third G19! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Absolutely beautiful collection you got there! My next handgun purchase will be a G19.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate all the kind words!

I can see an FDE & maybe a Gen 2 down the road...hey, I want to be a member of the Hipsters Club, too! :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
IN BEFORE THE GEN 2 HIPSTERS!

Love my gen 4.
If I came across a good deal on another Gen2 G19, I'd buy it....:mrgreen:

I just can't warm up to the Gen 4 grip texture, or the removable back straps......:(

But I'm open minded, believe it or not.
After hating my Sig 250, I'm looking to handle a Sig P320..

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The beavertail back straps work a lot better. The original ones sucked and seems like an after thought.

I still like the ugly ol gripforce adapter on mine though.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The beavertail back straps work a lot better. The original ones sucked and seems like an after thought.

I still like the ugly ol gripforce adapter on mine though.
I do like the medium beavertail back strap on my OD G19. I'm not sure if the 'new' back straps will fit correctly since my newest addition doesn't have the 'notch' on the back of the frame. I guess I can try one and find out?? If not, I'll just order a gripforce and be done with it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The beaver tail won't unless you get the little bump out.

I like the grip force because it takes some of the humpback out.

My 20 came with beavertails but I still preferred the ol ugly.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My son & I took the new 19 & Buckmark to the range this afternoon, and it functioned flawlessly. The trigger felt great. The only changes I will make are an extended slide stop lever & smooth face trigger.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Congrats on the new G19.

I think that you've still got some catching up to do with Carl... He's got as many Gen2 G19's as Joe has 1911's! ;)

·
Banned
0 Posts
I feel lov3d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts