Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I thought I had some nice images, but my cell phone let me down.

I'll try harder next time. I've been wanting to do this to my G19 for years. Glad I did it.

I may stipple the grip tomorrow with a cheap soldering iron.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. A bit of the ol' Dremel followed by some 320-grit (there was a great deal of this), then some 600 grit, then 1500 grit. A nice polishing with 0000 steel wool just cleaned up all the surfaces. If you look at it directly from 6" away you'd swear the gun was made like this, not modified by some monkey in his garage.

But I do good work for a chimp.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I don't have any issues with the unadulterated trigger guard, so I don't round mine off. If you like the rounded trigger guard, then that's what's important. However, I cringe when I see soldering iron stippling. I install Agrip on all my Glocks. I frequently carry IWB and a stippled grip wouldn't be too pleasant on my nekked skin. :cool:

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Nice work, that thing looks Great !!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomorrow (duherr, I mean later this morning) I'll post a closeup in the morning light. It really does look like the gun was made this way, not modified.

You know, I'm really a pretty good little smith. I've been working on my guns and my friends guns for years - just never for money. Normally I talk myself down and am pretty hard on myself, but here, I will give myself a little pat on the back.

Plus I have a bunch of free time on my hands, LOL.

·
21,871 Posts
I thought somehow you combined the two or that stir-fry is a new brand name for a trigger.:D

I dont know but it looks delicious.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tomorrow (duherr, I mean later this morning) I'll post a closeup in the morning light. It really does look like the gun was made this way, not modified.

You know, I'm really a pretty good little smith. I've been working on my guns and my friends guns for years - just never for money. Normally I talk myself down and am pretty hard on myself, but here, I will give myself a little pat on the back.

Plus I have a bunch of free time on my hands, LOL.
Good GOLLY I waited to get this done.

You can see that I did not take as much time gently reshaping and two deeper gouges managed to survive the smoothing process. That being said, it's nowhere near as noticable as this photo suggests.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts