Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an OD Gen 4 G19 at my LGS a few months ago, and I finally made it to the range. I already own a Gen 3, and I really just wanted to add the OD.

I wasn't sure how well I would adapt to the new grip of the Gen 4, but I really like it. I shot it without any adapters, and with the medium beavertail. I think I'll leave the beavertail on it. I'm able to get a much better grip with it.

The larger magazine release is nice as well. It's my first Gen 4, and getting 3 mags instead of 2 is a bonus! Although now I think I have around 16 mags for the G19 ;)

It shoots very nicely. I'm a perfectionist, and I need to work on my trigger discipline.

I have added a smooth face trigger, and filed down the trigger safety to fit flush to the trigger face, added a 3.5# LWD connector, and 6# trigger spring (same for all my Glocks). Very happy with this gun!

This target is 10 rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gr FMJ @ 7 yards. I like my groups to be tighter...I'll keep practicing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wow nice!!!!:D beautiful I wish I could find an OD glock 23 but they're a diamond in the rough around here.... Keep on shooting

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait to shoot my newly aquired G19 this weekend.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
AWESOME!! Nice shooting too.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice shootin DJ.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I made this trip on Tuesday. I worked a rare half day today, intending on putting in a nice 6-7 mile hike in the mountains. That is, until it started to rain off & on :-|

I went back to the range today & shot another 100 rounds. The grip is ever so slightly different from my Gen 3. Today I was able to "learn" the feel of the grip & trigger, and I tightened my groups up nicely.

I like taking several (4-6) mags with me. I will only load 3 to 5 rounds per mag, and shoot slowly, concentrating on my fundamentals...sight picture, breathing, trigger control, stance. This allows me to make the most out if my trip & only shoot a box or two of ammo. I'll also go thru the motions of shooting the target with it unloaded. This really helps me.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Thanks, guys. I made this trip on Tuesday. I worked a rare half day today, intending on putting in a nice 6-7 mile hike in the mountains. That is, until it started to rain off & on :-|

I went back to the range today & shot another 100 rounds. The grip is ever so slightly different from my Gen 3. Today I was able to "learn" the feel of the grip & trigger, and I tightened my groups up nicely.

I like taking several (4-6) mags with me. I will only load 3 to 5 rounds per mag, and shoot slowly, concentrating on my fundamentals...sight picture, breathing, trigger control, stance. This allows me to make the most out if my trip & only shoot a box or two of ammo. I'll also go thru the motions of shooting the target with it unloaded. This really helps me.
Good deal. I'm really thinking of getting one. It would be my first glock.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Gen 3 G 19 was my 1st Glock a few short years ago. If you like them they reproduce quickly!

It's one of my favorite EDC's.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I "get" the G19...will probably buy one, when I find one, ln, for the right price; however, I'll never "get" the attraction to having a doo-doo brown frame mated with a black upper. :cool:

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Haha...I kinda agree.

Glock makes some goofy shades for the frames.

I guess it's just to have something different. Color of the frame won't stop it from shooting though!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it's not a true OD, but I like it. Inside it is more of a darker green, outside it tends to look slightly tan. I wanted something different, and this fit the bill lol.

Sweet shooter. It is going to rain all day here in north GA, so we may head to the range after church.

Although we may don our frog togs & hit the trail hiking anyway!

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Let me restate my feelings about colors mixed with a black upper. I can see the logic in having an entire weapon the same doo-doo brown or o.d. or camo color(s)...just don't see the point of having a standard black Glock slide with a colored frame.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me restate my feelings about colors mixed with a black upper. I can see the logic in having an entire weapon the same doo-doo brown or o.d. or camo color(s)...just don't see the point of having a standard black Glock slide with a colored frame.
Hmm, sounds like you may want to go with the black model :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts