Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The G19 Glock is a good all around gun, imo, and used to be the best shooting 9mm in my possession. Not anymore. The XDS 9mm 4.0 has replaced it. Easier to carry and good at the range. And I had never shot one before today. The trigger pull is a little more than the Glock, but it's just gonna get better, as my XDS 45 trigger did, and the reset is great.

Glock 19, take a seat in the safe.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I went the other direction lol. I traded my XDs .45 for another (actually my 3rd) G19 :lol:

I want to get my hands on a 4.0 soon. I've heard great things about them.

Congrats!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mudcat, I did the same thing, except I gave my Glock 19 to my son when I got my XDs 9. I do love that little gun & it has replaced my PPK 380 for carry. It is easier to rack & has less recoil than my PPK. The PPK is blowback though & I have had a lot of small 9mm that did not compare to the XDs 9.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mudcat, how is the 4.0 different than my XDs 9. I know yours is a 45 & mine is a 9, but how different is the 4.0 in a matching caliber ?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I traded off my G26 and got an XDs 45. Kept my G19C.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mudcat, how is the 4.0 different than my XDs 9. I know yours is a 45 & mine is a 9, but how different is the 4.0 in a matching caliber ?
First I'll deal with my XDS 45 3.3. I can shoot it very good now. In fact, I shoot it better at 15 yards, believe it or not, than 7 or 10. Today I had 4 out of 5 shots touching in the head from 15 yards. My son couldn't believe it, nor explain it. Neither could I, but that little powerhouse loves to prove it's not for 7 yards only. It took me much dry fire and practice to get good with it, as well as adopting what I call a golf grip, which I only use on it because it helps me control the pistol much better on follow up shots.

Today I took my brand new XDS 9mm 4.0 and shot it very well without going thru what I had to with the 3.3 45. The sight radius is better, and the recoil is obviously better, so it shouldn't take me as long, I know, but I was surprised how comfortable I felt with it. I haven't shot a XDS 9mm 3.3, so I don't know how it compares to that. It could be if I got the 3.3 9mm instead of the 4.0, I would have had the same results, I don't know.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
No way my XDs 4.0 45 ACP replaces my G19, it's good but not that good, needs another 7 to 8 slugs to equal the mighty 19. Only reason my XDs carry is used is that its a bit easier to conceal carry but during drills, movement drills , easier grabbing, extracting and shooting the 19, accurately and on target.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Booo..:(

My XDs lasted less than a month before I sold it..
I'm up to 8 Glock pistols....

But if it works for you and fits your needs, more power to ya....:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Glock 19 is a good weapon, and I didn't replace it with the XDS 45 4.0, I replaced it with the XDS 9mm 4.0 bi-tone. The XDS bi-tone looks better, carries better, and shoots better, so I don't need all those extra rounds. So now my carry rotation is the XDS 45 3.3, the XDS 9mm 4.0, and the Glock 27, Gen 3. All my favorite calibers are covered. If I want to shoot 15 plus 1, I will carry my Sar Hawk, all steel and a double/single action trigger.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Congrats now you need to buy a few more to catch up.
I feel I'm pretty set with what I have..;)
I don't care much for the Gen 4 or the compact Gen 3...
I've got all the Glock pistols I need.

I can't really think of any firearm I'd like to own other than a nice revolver and a blued with wood stock Remy 870 Police Magnum....:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These bi-tones are great to clean as well. I wiped mine down after shooting it yesterday, and it didn't take long because of being frog lubed. But I easily saw a couple of spots where I missed on the slide rails and got them with a q tip.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I feel I'm pretty set with what I have..;)
I don't care much for the Gen 4 or the compact Gen 3...
I've got all the Glock pistols I need.

I can't really think of any firearm I'd like to own other than a nice revolver and a blued with wood stock Remy 870 Police Magnum....:mrgreen:
I'm with you, I have nearly all the Glocks I desire at this point.

All I'm gonna say is: 10mm :cool:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm with you, I have nearly all the Glocks I desire at this point.

All I'm gonna say is: 10mm :cool:
I know some Glock and Springrfield owners are averse to thumb safeties, but you should really consider the Witness Elite Match for 10mm. It's a little more than the Glock, but a sweet shooter.

BTW, I can't imagine having 8 or more Glocks. :)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
When I was at the range the other day, I shot both the 3.3 9mm and the G19 gen3. I felt that the 3.3 fit my hand better and I shot it better. Enjoy being an American, because we get choices. Not every human on the planet has them! Shoot what you like :)

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Just embrace your Glockaholism. It is futile to resist. :lol:
I tried to resist, but failed miserably :lol: I own many different guns from different makers, but I just prefer to carry a Glock.

I know some Glock and Springrfield owners are averse to thumb safeties, but you should really consider the Witness Elite Match for 10mm. It's a little more than the Glock, but a sweet shooter.

BTW, I can't imagine having 8 or more Glocks. :)
I'll check out the Witness. It looks good. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The G19 Glock is a good all around gun, imo, and used to be the best shooting 9mm in my possession. Not anymore. The XDS 9mm 4.0 has replaced it. Easier to carry and good at the range. And I had never shot one before today. The trigger pull is a little more than the Glock, but it's just gonna get better, as my XDS 45 trigger did, and the reset is great.

Glock 19, take a seat in the safe.
I did the same thing. I finally found a new 9mm I like better than my trusty old Gen 2 G19. So I retired the G19 and went with the XDS; 400 rounds later and I'm extremely pleased with my decision :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mudcat, Thanks for the good answer. I have had the Glock 19 since 1988 I believe & I liked to shoot it but was never happy with no safety at all. I know all about your finger being your safety , but I grew up a long time ago when most all auto's had safeties & even the grip safety on the XDs makes me happy.

My son in law is a retired Sheriff Lt. & he said when they first got Glocks they had AD's from the Glock trigger. If you are comfortable with a Glock they are a good gun, but the XDs is much better for rack & recoil for an old man.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts