Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wants to get rid of his 19 gen 3 only comes with one mag n has that internal lasermax (don't care much for it) he's asking $300 for it should I take the deal? Already have my xd-9 n planning on getting an xds soon but he's even willing to do $50 a week payments. Folks give me yalls input.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My buddy wants to get rid of his 19 gen 3 only comes with one mag n has that internal lasermax (don't care much for it) he's asking $300 for it should I take the deal? Already have my xd-9 n planning on getting an xds soon but he's even willing to do $50 a week payments. Folks give me yalls input.
If its in good condition there is no reason not to buy it.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
You'd be an idiot not to, unless you already have a G19 and can't find an excuse to buy another. You'd pay that much just for the Lasermax alone.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Good shape that's a great deal. Messed with trigger though and not so much, so if the trigger work has been done make sure your buddy knows what the F he's doing or pass. You don't want to inherit someone else's trigger mistakes. But if the trigger is stock and the gun is in good shape buy it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would the trigger be messed with? Does the installing of the lasermax require to change the trigger system.. sorry not big on lasers.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Why would the trigger be messed with? Does the installing of the lasermax require to change the trigger system.. sorry not big on lasers.
Buy it, replace the lasermax with a stock guide rod, and sell the lasermax..

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=449&CAT=137

Lasermax is just a guide rod swap.

Buy the G19, swap the guide rod, sell the lasermax for $225 to $250.
If you don't like the gun, sell it for $350 to $400 if it is in good condition..

Whether you keep the gun or not, you're doing pretty good..:mrgreen:

I'd take a Glock over any XD pistol, but that is just me..

Good luck..1LL

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
A lot of people do home trigger jobs because they are cheap and easy. That's a great deal and I wouldn't pass even if there was bubba trigger work. As said a new trigger can be had under $50 and anyone can drop it in. I agree, not big on lasers either.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Your "stealing" it, at 3 bills. :wink:

Agreed, on the Lasermax. Ditch it, sell it, or run it until it self destructs...because it's going to.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Yeah, that's a damned good price unless it's been "enhanced" by Bubba the gunsmith.

If it's been stippled and all that crap, it's still an ok deal. You'll make money selling the laser max, but may have to replace the connector, trigger bar, and firing pin making it a wash.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
...you bought it...didn't you?

The Glock reputation was built by the 3rd gen G17 and G19s...period.

I play with 1911s, SIGs and other guns but CARRY a 3rd gen G19.

Hard to go wrong with a 3rd gen G17 or G19, if you ask me. They are usually the best answer to the age old question her of, "what 9mm auto should I buy?"

-brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If I run across a decent condition 3rd gen G19 or G17 for 300 bucks....there is no question it is going home with me.

Problem is...I NEVER see deals like that around here.

Lucky you....go grab it. Might as well get that first Glock at a discount because like the rest of us....you WILL be adding another before you know it.

-brickboy240

1 - 20 of 26 Posts