Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Glock fan, just got into them about 6-8 month after I bought my Glock 26, from there things spiraled outta control but in a good way, I then purchased the g19 then the g23 then g19c then the g30 then a g32, I love the .357 rd. I sold the g26 and the g23 and got a g23c I'm a fan of compensation it helps out big time in a uncontrollable rd like the .40. I've been looking into the g18 fully automatic for a while, it's priced reasonably and I'm ready to jump all on it but do I need a special permit or license to carry or even purchase the gun since it's a fully automatic handgun? I looked online and found nothing so I know experts on here have the answers and if you have any personal experiences with the g18 please share.

Here's a pic of my babies, I have others non glocks as well, didn't realize my sw bodyguard was in this pic.

Thanks

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I hope you are "squeaky clean" enjoy red tape and have very deep pockets.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Are you trying to buy it from a class III FFL? If so, he will be able to tell you how to go about it.

If you are buying it from a private seller, ask to see his tax stamp for it. You will need to get a tax stamp of your own if you wish to buy it (consult a class III dealer to conduct the transfer). If he does not have a tax stamp, then run away.

·
Registered
559 Posts
your going to have to go through a lot of red tape, and spend a lot of money just to have a fully automatic glock.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tactical_gangsta said:
your going to have to go through a lot of red tape, and spend a lot of money just to have a fully automatic glock.
Maybe..... But I think it'll be a nice addition to my collection.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Maybe..... But I think it'll be a nice addition to my collection.
True. But if I owned a G18 I don't think I would shoot it that often. I'd keep seeing dollar signs eject instead of shell casings lol. But good luck if you decide to go through with it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tactical_gangsta said:
True. But if I owned a G18 I don't think I would shoot it that often. I'd keep seeing dollar signs eject instead of shell casings lol. But good luck if you decide to go through with it.
Very true I feel the same, it wouldn't see the range that often and when it does a friend of mines do reloading so I'll keep him busy. I'm determined to add it to my collection.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Doubt that you'll find a transferable G18. Some say that there are none in the U.S. If there are any, there're just a few, and they'd bring over $100k.

I'd like to know where the OP got the information that the G18 is "reasonably priced" for non-l.e.o./military purchase???

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mercmar said:
Doubt that you'll find a transferable G18. Some say that there are none in the U.S. If there are any, there're just a few, and they'd bring over $100k.

I'd like to know where the OP got the information that the G18 is "reasonably priced" for non-l.e.o./military purchase???
There are in the US and due to the level 3 classification this would be a purchase done by my father who's a US Marshall he's talking to a dealer about one and the highest I've heard today was 1800$. Not sure where u got your Info from for a Glock costing $100,000 that's insane, im not buying a gatling gun, if I can't get one it's no biggie, I would love to add it to my collection but if I can't I'll just purchase a 17 and convert it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
There are in the US and due to the level 3 classification this would be a purchase done by my father who's a US Marshall he's talking to a dealer about one and the highest I've heard today was 1800$. Not sure where u got your Info from for a Glock costing $100,000 that's insane, im not buying a gatling gun, if I can't get one it's no biggie, I would love to add it to my collection but if I can't I'll just purchase a 17 and convert it.
If your father is purchasing the gun, make sure he has a trust and that you're a trustee.

Do some research on NFA trusts.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mudinyeri said:
If your father is purchasing the gun, make sure he has a trust and that you're a trustee.

Do some research on NFA trusts.
If we getting one I'll get the specifics, I hope to get one nothing in stone yet.

Thanks for the info though

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Your U.S. Marshall father can't buy a G18 as an individual. Would have to be an agency purchase. Thought you were personally going to buy one...that's what your initial post implied. Think the U.S. Marshalls Agency will want your father's son running around with one of their f.a. weapons? :cool:

Good luck. They're fun. I had a G17 that thought it was a G18 for a couple of weeks. Got rid of the defective part; now it's just a G17. :D

BTW, your father can't use a trust to buy that G18, unless it's a transferable G18. Do a Google search for transferable G18s and see what's out there. Hint: You won't find any!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mercmar said:
Your U.S. Marshall father can't buy a G18 as an individual. Would have to be an agency purchase. Thought you were personally going to buy one...that's what your initial post implied. Think the U.S. Marshalls Agency will want your father's son running around with one of their f.a. weapons? :cool:

Good luck. They're fun. I had a G17 that thought it was a G18 for a couple of weeks. Got rid of the defective part; now it's just a G17. :D

BTW, your father can't use a trust to buy that G18, unless it's a transferable G18. Do a Google search for transferable G18s and see what's out there. Hint: You won't find any!!!!
Yeah that's what I implied in my original post but also in that post I was questioning if I could in fact get one, seems that I can't but I know my father has connections with a dealer that can although it won't be mines personally it'll still be in my collection, if for some reason my father can't, again it's no biggie I'll stick with my backup plan and get my g17 and conversion kit. Twisted!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i didnt think there were any transferrable glock 18's or even kits to modify them, might as well look for a berreta m93 raffica those are transferrable and cost as much as an exotic sports car.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Could get a transferable MAC 10, which is a p.o.s.,for $3-$5k. M16 somewhere between $12k and $20k, depending on condition, etc. Our local sheriff promised to gift a transferable MAC 10 with suppressor to me two elections ago. He reneged. Wouldn't have had to pay the transfer tax on either the suppressor or the MAC.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Yeah that's what I implied in my original post but also in that post I was questioning if I could in fact get one, seems that I can't but I know my father has connections with a dealer that can although it won't be mines personally it'll still be in my collection, if for some reason my father can't, again it's no biggie I'll stick with my backup plan and get my g17 and conversion kit. Twisted!
Hope you're not talking about a f.a. conversion kit. You won't be getting one of those, either. :-|

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man I feel like I was shitted on with reality. Oh well if it can't be done it is what it is, use the money to fund something else.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shamrox said:
The .40 is an uncontrollable round?
.40 has unpleasant recoil compared to a 9mm .357 sig and .45 acp. IMO. You might think entirely different.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts