Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my favorite shop yesterday and my buddy brought out a used Glock 17 with the RTF2 frame that he thought I might be interested in. Since its my opinion that the RTF2 frame is as good as a Glock can get I had to add this one to my 22RTF2. It was pretty dirty and the magazine base plates are beat to hell but otherwise its very clean. Hope I can get it to the range tomorrow.

$20140503_163711.jpg

$20140503_163742.jpg

$20140503_163840.jpg

$20140503_163615.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
I had a 21SF RTF2 and I regret selling it to this day. You even have the fish gills on the slide. Nice find!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on your RTF. I have one I bought new about 5 years ago, still unfired in the safe. I bought an LE trade in from some North Carolina Sheriff Dept G21 RTF SF about the same time.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Don't know much about them, but the rtf and sf frames lead to the Gen 4.

Have fun with it. If you sell it, I doubt you'll really lose anything.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Love the fish gills.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I like the slide serrations, a little unique and I love the grip texture (its still gen 3 sized, but I'll make due). I don't see myself selling this one. I'm not a huge Glock fan but if Im going to have one I'll take the RTF2.

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, Glocks suck.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know. I keep buying them too.

Plus side, it's easy to sell them off!
Yeah, I don't think I've ever really been a "basher", the fan boys on the Glock forums are an annoying crowd and I'm sure I cussed a few times at the POS's that were my 19 and 23. I happen to like variety in handguns and while a Glock is far from perfect I've had a little fun playing with them lately. My next mod is probably going to be a back plate with a butterfly or a flower on it. :p

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Fan boys of anything are. My god, do you not pay attention to Sig and HK threads??

Fine guns but not the end all be all. I'd rather have a Glock and some ammo or a CZ and ammo.

Bring me good deals on the pistols, sure. If I was to fork over a hefty chunk on an HK pistol, it'll come with the butt stock or have a really goofy looking grip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts