Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Plain ol' G17; 41 shots @ around one shot every 2 seconds or maybe a little quicker. 7 yds. Got bored and pulled four to the left! :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts

Beautiful group, ugly gun :)shock:) and I own a XD-Tactical and it borders on the ugly too :mrgreen:
I have a Glock-19 and that is a sweet looker, but I'll admit the advantages of the longer barrel and sight radius.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a beauty queen, but it's not short in the slide department either. I'm going to name it Ron Jeremy.

I want to work on it some more, maybe lay off the caffeine a little and try again at 15 yards. My sights were dancing around a little more than normal and I felt a bit hurried by the caffeine. I know my trigger pull at longer range was far less than optimal.

I want to shoot an XDm pretty badly. They feel good in my hands.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
If you haven't already installed a 3.5# conector, (I prefer LWD) then that might be something to consider. Sure makes target-shooting a lot better!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Since you're in Houston, contact Dale Hunnicutt and have him do a trigger job, install a Ghost trigger and recontour the gripframe. You'll be amazed at how good a Glock can really be.

I did just that with my old Glock 22 and it went from a pistol that sat at the back of the safe to my main HD pistol.

He'll take alot of the spongy-ness out of the typical Glock trigger set-up and the grip re-contour will take the ump out of the backstrap and it will point like a 1911.

The Glock, as it comes, is very milquetoast, but with some tweaks, it really rocks!

- brickboy240

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you haven't already installed a 3.5# conector, (I prefer LWD) then that might be something to consider. Sure makes target-shooting a lot better!
All of the "Competition" Glocks come with the 3.5# connector installed from the factory. The trigger just isn't smooth and feels like it is binding. I'm going to take it apart and check it out, probably go over the contact points a bit with some polishing compound.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you're in Houston, contact Dale Hunnicutt and have him do a trigger job, install a Ghost trigger and recontour the gripframe. You'll be amazed at how good a Glock can really be.

I did just that with my old Glock 22 and it went from a pistol that sat at the back of the safe to my main HD pistol.

He'll take alot of the spongy-ness out of the typical Glock trigger set-up and the grip re-contour will take the ump out of the backstrap and it will point like a 1911.

The Glock, as it comes, is very milquetoast, but with some tweaks, it really rocks!
Yeah I talked with Dale at the last TGT / Shiloh event we put on. I tried out his Glock and it was very smooth in the trigger. Mine isn't, but it's still relatively new.

I'm going to give it a try before I start sending it off. That really adds up in shipping / labor. I figure if I can put a 1911 together and have it work, how bad can a Glock be, LOL.

Full auto or non-functioning G17L here I come! :oops:

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
All of the "Competition" Glocks come with the 3.5# connector installed from the factory. The trigger just isn't smooth and feels like it is binding. I'm going to take it apart and check it out, probably go over the contact points a bit with some polishing compound.
I've tried the Glock factory 3.5# connector and hated it...way too mushy for my tastes. Either the Scherer, Ghost Ultimate, or (my favorite) LWD connector will give you a crisper, lighter trigger pull than will the factory connector.

I also polish all metal-to-metal surfaces of the firing mechanism, using a Dremel and Simichrome polish.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've tried the Glock factory 3.5# connector and hated it...way too mushy for my tastes. Either the Scherer, Ghost Ultimate, or (my favorite) LWD connector will give you a crisper, lighter trigger pull than will the factory connector.

I also polish all metal-to-metal surfaces of the firing mechanism, using a Dremel and Simichrome polish.
I could always sell the 3.5# connector and get something different. I shot a customers G19 with a Ghost trigger in it and it felt OK, nothing to write home about.

I'm kinda used to 1911s, so I'm spoiled somewhat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts