Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted SA about the XD 9mm I've got on layaway and found out my gun was made in oct 2009. Now, I found this out through email and they didn't tell me anything else about the gun.

Is there anything you guys can tell me? It's the 4" model with the trijicon night sights. Are there any quirks with this vintage(certain ammo good/not good, mechanical issues to look out for, finish problems?)

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Iv'e got a 4" Service .40. I did not bother to check out when the pistol was manufactured, and wouldn't think that a 2009 model is a "vintage" by any standard. The pistol has a Lifetime Warranty.

I think my running count in mine is around 2000 rounds and not one single hicup. Not one "failure to" anything. And it gobbles up everything I have fed it. Every kind of JHP, Glasser Safety Slugs, Hornady Critical Defence, and steel-cased TulAmmo. I think it would probably feed empty cases if I tried.

The only thing that may concern you is the sights. The Trijicon sights are suppose to glow for like 12 years. So subtract 2 years from yours if the pistols sights were installed in 2009. In 10 years, youll be ready to upgrade them to the latest greatest sights anyway.

Don't think you have ANY worries, or can go wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Let me clarify-by 'vintage' I didn't really mean old so much as just referring to the year it was made. I'm glad to hear your report of being able to use good ammo as well as cheap (I've heard that the tula stuff is really dirty). I'm really looking forward to picking my xd up :)

Speaking of the sights, is it possible to get JUST front or rear replacment trijicons? I looked around breifly and only found sets. I ask because I was thinking I may want different colors for front and rear

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts