Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you absolutely have to get the threaded barrel for an XDm from SA or could you get it somewhere else? My main concern is a huge wait time while Springfield would have my gun just to fit in a dang barrel. Also what I plan on doing is getting an Osprey in .40 caliber when I can afford it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Would you absolutely have to get the threaded barrel for an XDm from SA or could you get it somewhere else? My main concern is a huge wait time while Springfield would have my gun just to fit in a dang barrel. Also what I plan on doing is getting an Osprey in .40 caliber when I can afford it.

Back ordered but available.

XD (M) 40 S&W

don

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Storm Lake barrel works very well. Be sure when you order your can that it's threaded correctly. The "European" thread, for H&Ks and Glocks, won't fit the SL barrel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea you have the set up that i want basically, red dot with suppressor. I'll make sure to look at the storm lake barrels and get the correct threading. Thank you for the help and awesome picture.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
The Storm Lake barrel works very well. Be sure when you order your can that it's threaded correctly. The "European" thread, for H&Ks and Glocks, won't fit the SL barrel.

I have a similar setup, using a G17. I get so much blowback through the ejection port, that I'm concerned about ruining the front lens of my optic. Are you having a similar problem?

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Some can makers will provide a proper threaded barrel when you buy their cans. Sometimes the entire handgun will have to be sent off. It might be more money, but then you would have peace of mind that the parts were compatible and properly fitted. I think XDs also need something called a "booster"? Not quite sure what that is. HB

·
Registered
233 Posts
HB, the booster or LID is a device that helps most semi-auto pistols cycle with a suppressor attached as most require the barrel to tilt in order to cycle and the extra weight of the suppressor causes issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts