Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty anal when it comes to cleaning the barrels of my pistol (Wow, no pun intended although I sure just set myself up for one).. I just can't seem to get it looking spotless and shiny inside. It still has a rough cloudy finish to it no matter how many times I run the brush through or how many solvent-soaked wads I put through it. It almost looks like there's still a fine powdery build up coating the inside. Is this pretty normal even for a gun with only 300 through it?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
use some CLP and rub the dirty spots and it comes off. it usually doesnt take a ton of work

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Interesting article Scott....

Personally I think a BoreSnake is just the thing to use a few times down the pipe; gets the chamber and the bore clean very quickly.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
get some copper solvent. i prefer the foam versions. pump it full of foam, let it sit 30 minutes, and wipe her clean.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I like to run one clp-soaked patch for every 5-10 (depending on how much I shot, and I cut the patches in half usually) dry patches I put through. Another option is to lube the hell out of the inside, leave it in a well-ventilated area (fumes) overnight and clean it the next day. Give the clp a chance to break up all the crap on the inside. Just don't go nuts with a grill-brush trying to get it all off.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Interesting article Scott....

Personally I think a BoreSnake is just the thing to use a few times down the pipe; gets the chamber and the bore clean very quickly.
Big +1 on the BoreSnake. It is the quickest and always leaves the most shiny bore/barrel every time.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
If you quit looking down it, that will solve the problem. I clean mine every case, and have never had an FTF or FTE, or dirty bore related problem in IDPA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts