Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a few months since I have shot my 870 but I'm getting my group of guys together in a few weeks to go shoot some clays. Just stocked up today. 500rds and 810 targets, should last us a few hours lol. The guys that I'm meeting up with have 12ga's but one guys has a 20ga so I didn't get ammo for him (we usually rotate the purchasing) but here is the "stash"!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Nice work! I love shooting clays. You can't beat the Remington 870. It's an awesome gun! I just bought a Pattern Master Choke for mine a few months back. I highly recommend one! They're pretty expensive, but man do they work! It'll put the edge over your buddies.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have to look that up, i use either improved or modified. We just go out and have fun, no one keeps score lol. I did have a good one last year though that was pure fluke. I got two birds with one shot. dont ask me how it happened but my buddy that was working the trap had to pick his jaw up off the ground lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11.99 at cabelas. No one other than gander mountain stocks them in my area so I know I pay a premium lol

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I was at a shoot a while back and a buddy of mine shot the clay and killed a bird that was flying by in the same shot! Never laughed so hard in my life! The PatternMaster is a Extended Full so it gives you great range. Box of clays around the Wichita, KS area runs about $8 at Walmart. Seems like they go up every year.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the chokes last night, ill put it on my list. Main thing I want to grab this year is the +7 mag tube. I don't hunt with it I only do clays and I hate having to reload it all the time.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably a proximity issue. Are there a lot of trap/skeet places up in the Chicago/burbs area? Id assume not...

How often do you shoot clays?
3 or 4 times a year. Its cheaper in the long run to do it myself than joining a club. We found a nice public trap range in Illinois (go figure) that doesnt cost a dime and you have to bring all your own stuff.

yeah, i can't wait either! i'm stocked and ready to go. is that a bit too much? LOL!

No not at all, lol i went up to Michigan last year we threw 1200 targets and shot cases of ammo in about 5 hours

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
damn! Thats a hell of a deal! I neve get that lucky!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from the fun, 4 guys, 800 shells, 810 targets. Had a blast and no issues what so ever. looks like we may go out again in a month or so. One friend had never shot clays before but he is a natural at it and was hitting doubles and triples with ease by the end of the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts