Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well todays my birthday and I have been itching for a an AR type .22:D So I sent a trade request in to Buds for a M&P 15-22, which is $430... lets see if they give me that much for my XDm 9, with a tungsten guide rod and an extra mag:cool:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well they emailed me back and offered about what the M&P 15-22 costs for my XDm... but then I checked the website again to look at it...and they SOLD the one I wanted to trade for:mad:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like they have the one I want back in stock... might be making a 2 hour trip to Kentucky tomorrow!

·
Registered
616 Posts
First of all, happy (late) birthday! Second, I think you're crazy for ever wanting to get rid of an XD! Third, AR style .22's are a blast to shoot, so have fun with your new rifle! :D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Why not sell the XDm and buy the .22? You can definitely get more out of it than $430 or whatever it was. Hell if I had the extra money (trying to finish my own AR) Id give ya at least $450 for it. But to each his own. Good luck and what not

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all, happy (late) birthday! Second, I think you're crazy for ever wanting to get rid of an XD! Third, AR style .22's are a blast to shoot, so have fun with your new rifle! :D

I honestly just dont shoot it that often, I might pick one up again later though...

Anyways, I traded it in today and picked up my new M&P 15-22:D

I definitely recommend Buds Gun Shop, they are great:p Great service, great prices, and great selection of inventory... man they had TONS of stuff, I wish they had a closer location though, almost 2 hours one way is a long ride lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The 1522 is a very nice gun. I shot one for the 1st time last weekend and i was impressed.
That said i also sold my XDM to a shooting buddy and i shot it also and realized i missed it LOL.
Looks like another XDM in OD is in my future.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 1522 is a very nice gun. I shot one for the 1st time last weekend and i was impressed.
That said i also sold my XDM to a shooting buddy and i shot it also and realized i missed it LOL.
Looks like another XDM in OD is in my future.
Yeah I'm looking forward to taking it to the range soon... and debating on what optics to put on, I'm leaning more towards a scope instead of a red dot though. I'll probably see how well the stock sights work first, but I like scopes on rifles lol.

If I do get another XDm it will be an OD one, which is what I wanted anyway but ended up settling for an all black one because thats all I could find.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah I'm looking forward to taking it to the range soon... and debating on what optics to put on, I'm leaning more towards a scope instead of a red dot though. I'll probably see how well the stock sights work first, but I like scopes on rifles lol.

If I do get another XDm it will be an OD one, which is what I wanted anyway but ended up settling for an all black one because thats all I could find.
I saw a used XD9sc in OD at LGS last weekend and I went ape s__t. Suddenly, it has nosed out the CZ P01 for my next gun purchase. If it is still there on Saturday and I can get them to drop the price $20, I will get it - if my stepson doesn't beat me to it!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a used XD9sc in OD at LGS last weekend and I went ape s__t. Suddenly, it has nosed out the CZ P01 for my next gun purchase. If it is still there on Saturday and I can get them to drop the price $20, I will get it - if my stepson doesn't beat me to it!
I saw quite a few in OD at Buds Gun Shop when I was there, good prices too... how much were they wanting at your LGS?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait, aren't you the guy with the awesome 10/22? Ar-22s are fun, but that Ruger is all the 22 I need.
Lol, yes I have the tricked out 10/22:D Its set up as a long rifle though, and I wanted an AR setup as well, but the 10/22 AR type kits dont look all that great to me, and they dont really have any similarities to an actual AR, they are just a plastic shell around the 10/22 receiver.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well they have it listed on the site. I'll let you know if I make it up there in time. Hell if I had seen this thread earlier I would have given you $475 and bought you lunch. I'm only 20 minutes away from Bud's.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well they have it listed on the site. I'll let you know if I make it up there in time. Hell if I had seen this thread earlier I would have given you $475 and bought you lunch. I'm only 20 minutes away from Bud's.
LMAO, its listed already?? I'll have to go look! I wish I was closer to them, but its worth the trip, they are awesome:cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wish I had seen this earlier, I know probably 6 people that would of met you at Buds and paid more, ( including myself if I had the cash).

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wish I had seen this earlier, I know probably 6 people that would of met you at Buds and paid more, ( including myself if I had the cash).
I wont tell my wife that any of you said this, she would be like "see I told you to sell it first" LOL!

In her defense though, I am known to need instant gratification;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wont tell my wife that any of you said this, she would be like "see I told you to sell it first" LOL!

In her defense though, I am known to need instant gratification;)
Haha I know the feeling man. I took a big hit on a C5L laser light so I could buy the mossberg 22 tactical from buds. Now I have my sights on an o/u maverick there that I'll probably sell 2 other shotguns for less than value ( but still a profit) so I can get it sooner.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha I know the feeling man. I took a big hit on a C5L laser light so I could buy the mossberg 22 tactical from buds. Now I have my sights on an o/u maverick there that I'll probably sell 2 other shotguns for less than value ( but still a profit) so I can get it sooner.
I was looking hard at that $659 AR in 5.56 that they had boxes of sitting there... anyone know if Doublestar is a good brand?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts