Springfield XD Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I finally resigned myself to the fact that there is no trigger improvement coming for the XD-E.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We've been having issues with the current machine shop we use, so we just bought a new Tormach, soon as it's up and running the trigger and other components will start getting pumped out.
IMG_6987.JPG

·
Registered
795 Posts
THAT makes me feel better!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just carry mine in the half cocked position and it re positions the trigger to the rear just enough to make it in a much better area for my finger reach. Might get the new one.....someday after I see if people think it makes a lot of difference. Slight differences like a pound difference in trigger pull or a "smooth as butter" trigger does not make my life complete. Friends with CZs are all stressed out with me not spending hundreds of dollars for CGW or CZ Custom to make my CZ firearms ....."perfect"!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I buy CZ parts from both CGW and CZC.... then spend long hours rubbing itty bitty gun parts on 2000 grit paper and polish with dremel to make my CZs closer to perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now it's mid February, and still no flat trigger for the XD-E?

(How hard can it be to change the shape of a trigger from curved to flat?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen good things said about Galloway Precision on YouTube. a quick search of the name can help y'all find some videos on the trigger. there are a couple of others with similar ideas and so far their work is just as mentionable. Those are PRP and Freedomsmith.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, it has been a long time, and I am left to imagine that Galloway Precision got detoured into other projects - or maybe the improvements to the XD-E are not readily accomplished. I have seen some general comments on the net that the XD-E trigger is "terrible" but without knowing exactly what the posters mean I assume that some of them are shooters raised on striker-fired guns who find the XD-E's DA trigger pull to be long and relatively heavy. Which of course is exactly what is desirable in a DA/SA trigger. The SA trigger is the one that is light and sensitive, which is right too. So I am hoping that Galloway and others are not concocting a super-light and super-short trigger for the XD-E; better that the person who wants that just buys a XDS and works on that a bit. I wouldn't mind a flat trigger face but don't need it. Also wouldn't mind a smaller, that is less pronounced, hammer; the rowel (ring) could be perfectly round for me, and not stick out to the rear that extra 1/4 inch.

Anything from Galloway Precision on their XD-E gun parts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, it has been a long time, and I am left to imagine that Galloway Precision got detoured into other projects - or maybe the improvements to the XD-E are not readily accomplished. I have seen some general comments on the net that the XD-E trigger is "terrible" but without knowing exactly what the posters mean I assume that some of them are shooters raised on striker-fired guns who find the XD-E's DA trigger pull to be long and relatively heavy. Which of course is exactly what is desirable in a DA/SA trigger. The SA trigger is the one that is light and sensitive, which is right too. So I am hoping that Galloway and others are not concocting a super-light and super-short trigger for the XD-E; better that the person who wants that just buys a XDS and works on that a bit. I wouldn't mind a flat trigger face but don't need it. Also wouldn't mind a smaller, that is less pronounced, hammer; the rowel (ring) could be perfectly round for me, and not stick out to the rear that extra 1/4 inch.

Anything from Galloway Precision on their XD-E gun parts?
look up the people i mentioned on YouTube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have seen some general comments on the net that the XD-E trigger is "terrible" but without knowing exactly what the posters mean I assume that some of them are shooters raised on striker-fired guns who find the XD-E's DA trigger pull to be long and relatively heavy. Which of course is exactly what is desirable in a DA/SA trigger.
I'm seriously considering getting an XDE. Tonight I rented both an XDE and an H&K P30SK. to compare. Being rentals, both these guns were broken in. Yes, the P30SK is double stack, but if I were to find one clearly more shootable than the XDE it's possible I could compromise on the single stack. The HK fit my hand a bit better (as it should, having more breadth to work some form-fitting curves into the grip shape). I thought the Springfield actually had a better double action pull. A bit more "mechanical", but lighter. The HK was a little better in single action. Better or worse, they were close enough that I tend to think like Gun Rover i.e. any "terrible trigger" comments must come from striker folks unfamiliar with DA/SA - unless they would also pronounce the HK trigger "terrible", and that ain't the consensus on the net. If I were buying today it would be the Springfield. There's also a good chance I'd spring for the Langdon trigger upgrade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard from Brandyn at Galloway yesterday. The trigger/hammer upgrade is still a go! He said both a curved and flat trigger would be offered. Great news for those of us still wanting a flat trigger.

As for the stock trigger.... I've owned two XD-E's. The first had a horrible trigger. I sold it, but regretted it, so I bought another, and it's trigger is MUCH smoother. It may be that some guns are just better than others.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to hear Galloway is closer to bringing their modifications to market.

I took a close look at the Langdon modifications and came away impressed. I hadn't realized until reading the Ayoob interview with Mr. Langdon that the hammer encloses the hammer spring - that is a neat innovation. The spurless hammer apparently leaves enough metal to be able to thumb it back if needed, but as the classic S&W Models 3953 and 5953 show, you don't need a hammer spur to get the most out of a DA/SA pistol.

Will Galloway do something similar with the hammer, and also include lighter springs, for the XD-E? The replacement trigger(s) are likely to shorten the reach, which will be welcome because some people think is too long on the original. I like the option of a flat trigger although may stick with a round (standard) trigger.

So I am leaning more towards doing a few mods than I was when I first saw mention of Galloway making trigger and hammer mods for the XD-E. I am very interested in what the Galloway parts will look like. I think I will purchase the "kit" to install on my second XD-E, the one I bought "used, but like NiB" for a bargain price.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Development for the new XDe trigger seems to be at a stand still. I know the plan is for a trigger and a new hammer combination. My want was a trigger with less curve and a shorter distance from the rear of the trigger guard.
Thats what I'm hoping for. I've added straight triggers to my two Sigs one from Grayguns the other from Armory Craft and they made a world of difference

·
Registered
109 Posts
I lost touch with this forum not having shoot my XDe for a while. Have done some mods and part swaps on my CZ and Glocks so looking into internal polishing and looked into the trigger job in a bag.....looks fine but not the difference I am looking for to spend the money and time on.

So I guess the question is ....what ever happened to the Galloway trigger mod and parts package? With all the interest I can not believe they would just drop it. The trigger position works for me if I leave it in the half cocked position...other wise it is to long of a reach. Also a flat trigger was a wish list hope to get on the XDe. I think there are many mods and parts that can be upgraded by Springfield or an after market company that would do wonders for the XDe... Seems like a shame that a good gun like the XDe has not been made into a great gun!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I lost touch with this forum not having shoot my XDe for a while. Have done some mods and part swaps on my CZ and Glocks so looking into internal polishing and looked into the trigger job in a bag.....looks fine but not the difference I am looking for to spend the money and time on.

So I guess the question is ....what ever happened to the Galloway trigger mod and parts package? With all the interest I can not believe they would just drop it. The trigger position works for me if I leave it in the half cocked position...other wise it is to long of a reach. Also a flat trigger was a wish list hope to get on the XDe. I think there are many mods and parts that can be upgraded by Springfield or an after market company that would do wonders for the XDe... Seems like a shame that a good gun like the XDe has not been made into a great gun!
Its been about 5 months when I texted them and they said that they were working on it. I've been looking at the Landlord Tacticals trigger job in a bag its supposed to reduce the trigger pull from 10 lbs to 8 lbs on double action and around 6 lbs on single action

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its been about 5 months when I texted them and they said that they were working on it. I've been looking at the Landlord Tacticals trigger job in a bag its supposed to reduce the trigger pull from 10 lbs to 8 lbs on double action and around 6 lbs on single action
I just found the video on installing the LLT trigger job in a bag. It seems to be a lot of work to lessen the trigger pull a min of amount. A 6 pound S/A is a bit strong. By installing a Mcarbo spring kit and polishing the internals dropped my S/A to near 4# on my CZ P-07. With a double diamond connector, DAT trigger and all internal polishing my D/A Glock 43x is a hair over the CZ single action. The XDe ...IMH opinion has a pretty decent trigger pull and reset from the factory, but it could have an outstanding trigger with just a little help from one of the many firearm aftermarket mod companies.. I would like mods to give me a flat trigger, with a shorter distance for my finger to reach the trigger, and a shorter firing distance after pulling the trigger. The Hellcat, with an Apex flat trigger kit., has more trigger mods avail than the XDe ! I really like the feel of the XDe....is is a shame there are no mods to improve on it because I know it can be a real contender with some of the more popular handguns if there were improvement available.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts