Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Will there be a DYI video on removal and replacement of the new trigger? Approx cost of the new trigger assembly?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Will there be a DYI video on removal and replacement of the new trigger? Approx cost of the new trigger assembly?
Yes there will be, and I imagine somewhere between $75 to $120 since it's a trigger and a hammer, honestly won't know until we get into production.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm waiting for my XDE to show up at the local FFL... so I can't say if I think it needs any work yet.

I am a long-term DA/SA shooter and have ditched all of my striker-fired pistols in favor of the safety and enhanced practical accuracy of DA/SA pistols (although I admit I give up some speed on the first shot and have to work a little harder to maintain mastery of two different trigger pulls with the same gun). I also like the decocker feature; the most dangerous moment in handling a striker-fired gun is when it is being returned to the holster.

I am waiting to see what Galloway Precision can come up with, but do not want to sacrifice the long trigger pull. I've read that the XDE trigger is hard to reach, and may chose the Galloway trigger if it makes it more reachable. So I am waiting for this new part, too, and for people's results and opinions!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I only have hammer fired DA/SA and SAO pistols as well, dumped all of the strikers. However I carry them all C&L and don't bother with what is almost always a crappy DA pull.
As for Galloway Precision I'll refrain from saying anything about them. My mother used to tell me if you can't say anything good about someone, say nothing so I'll just follow that advice at this point.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gotcha. I think it would be good advice to anyone thinking of using Galloway's trigger/hammer on an XDE to consider it an experiment -- which can be rewarding to pursue -- rather than a proven solution. In other words, if your XDE is your self-defense carry gun, maybe hold off on the Galloway mod until there is more data that it really works reliably. If your XDE is a range gun or a gun that you are working up for eventual use as a carry gun, then being a beta tester for the Galloway mod might be interesting and rewarding.

Modifying and tweaking pistols in general can be a lot of fun, but reliability is king when it comes to carry pistols and I want to have confidence in my XDE. (I will put at least a couple hundred rounds through my incoming XDE to validate its reliability before carrying it). And as I mentioned earlier, I do not want to do anything to shorten or lighten the long trigger pull -- it is one of the key safety features of this gun, and something that is missing on most striker-fired guns (on which many people add parts [Apex] and lighten springs to make their pistol have a light, short trigger pull -- suitable for the range or competition shooting -- but perhaps not so good for appendix carry all day, pointed at their groin).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is all about, the gun is fine the way it is. Yes the DA side is a little heavier but it's fine just the way it was designed. Anytime you start playing with how something is designed you play with trouble. I love my gun.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is all about, the gun is fine the way it is. Yes the DA side is a little heavier but it's fine just the way it was designed. Anytime you start playing with how something is designed you play with trouble. I love my gun.
For me the actual trigger function is fine. The position of the trigger in relationship to how far forward and the angle of slant is what I would like to change with a new design.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love mine too. It’s my edc. While you can absolutely use it out of the box, the da pull is too heavy and long for my taste. The sa has too much take up and after firing the back of the trigger is touching the back side of the guard. Reset is also longer than it needs to be and increases slightly follow up shots. I’m hoping the trigger kit will correct.

Again, it’s making a very good firearm a bit better for me. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love mine too. It’s my edc. While you can absolutely use it out of the box, the da pull is too heavy and long for my taste. The sa has too much take up and after firing the back of the trigger is touching the back side of the guard. Reset is also longer than it needs to be and increases slightly follow up shots. I’m hoping the trigger kit will correct.

Again, it’s making a very good firearm a bit better for me. Your mileage may vary.
I don't mind the trigger at all. Yes the DA is long and heavy but the other day at the range I emptied the 8 rd mag going around the four different targets as fast as I could and hit every one. I practice the first pull by dropping the hammer in between each shot. It helps get used to it and help if you have a flinch which I had a bad one for awhile.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I shoot every gun I carry at least once a month. I want them all to have a similar trigger in them - if possible. I am still waiting for the upgrade for my XD-E. It shoots “OK”, but I would like “better”.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I only have hammer fired DA/SA and SAO pistols as well, dumped all of the strikers. However I carry them all C&L and don't bother with what is almost always a crappy DA pull.
As for Galloway Precision I'll refrain from saying anything about them. My mother used to tell me if you can't say anything good about someone, say nothing so I'll just follow that advice at this point.
But you just did say something by saying all that. Just sayin.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would be happy to expend ammo being your “Beta” tester....
I’m shooting my XD-E often enough to appreciate and recognize whatever differences there may be between the factory trigger and the upgraded one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Development for the new XDe trigger seems to be at a stand still. I know the plan is for a trigger and a new hammer combination. My want was a trigger with less curve and a shorter distance from the rear of the trigger guard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The OP from Galloway has been on the site as recent as last Thursday.. Not sure why they didn't venture into this thread...

61 - 80 of 104 Posts