Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Tore down the XDE last night and we've already got some ideas on how we will approach a short stroke kit for the XDE. Stay tuned for more info.
Does the short stroke kit reduce the DA pull, the SA pull, or both? I’m very interested in reducing the DA pull, but I am quite happy with the SA trigger as-is...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Cool. PLEASE post your progress. I’m VERY interested in this type of mod for my XDe.

On a side note, if you do successfully shorten the trigger pull, a slightly flatter trigger blade would be the perfect finishing touch...

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Cool. PLEASE post your progress. I’m VERY interested in this type of mod for my XDe.

On a side note, if you do successfully shorten the trigger pull, a slightly flatter trigger blade would be the perfect finishing touch...
this. I am very happy with XDe and ok with pull, as I expect for DA/SA. But the trigger is a bit harsh, I'd buy a flatter one.

·
Premium Member
17,746 Posts
Much better use of resources vs optics on a micro.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
7 Posts
The parts we'll be making the Short Stroke kit out of are off and 3D scanning. On a side note our 3D printer finally came in and we'll also be offering a very cost effective mag extension in the next few months specifically for the XDE magazine.
Thanks. What do you expect total reduction from center of trigger (furthest back on the curve) to be? 1/4? 3/8?

·
Registered
17 Posts
We're aiming for 20% to 25% of the overall travel. With the trigger we are designing along with the trigger bar it should reduce quite a bit of travel.
Please forgive my terminology if it’s less than technically correct, but what’s more important to me is a "crisp" trigger - when there’s no more travel after you feel it come against the sear and it breaks cleanly at that point. Are your triggers going to be like that? And again, sorry for sounding stupid.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please forgive my terminology if it’s less than technically correct, but what’s more important to me is a "crisp" trigger - when there’s no more travel after you feel it come against the sear and it breaks cleanly at that point. Are your triggers going to be like that? And again, sorry for sounding stupid.
I can't go to deep into what the design is going to be, for obvious reasons, but the trigger will do what you are looking for. More than likely it will be pre and post travel adjustable as well, all of our triggers are for the most part, which will give you the break you are looking for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@techgallowayprecision, What do you think the proposed timeline is until XDe parts are ready? Are we talking weeks or months?
Some parts are six to nine weeks out, some parts won't be available until this summer. Our machine shop is running full tilt right now trying to crank out parts as fast as they can, but prototyping does take time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some parts are six to nine weeks out, some parts won't be available until this summer. Our machine shop is running full tilt right now trying to crank out parts as fast as they can, but prototyping does take time.
Any update on this? I think I speak for the group applauding your efforts on this. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts