Springfield XD Forum banner

Getting frustrated finding ammo for my XD45LE

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  edn3005 
#1 ·
Everyone in town has speer gold dot ammo but it's hardly range ammunition and it seems like I can't find anything else like WWB or Federal. I'm seriously thinking about selling it or trading it for a .40 tactical :(

#3 ·
It seems like (At least to me) that there is no problems with them carrying it but they all don't seem to order enough of it to stay in stock. I called Bill Jackson's in Clearwater, FL and that was more or less what the guy had said to me on the phone. I'll probably go and buy a few boxes of speer gold dot just so I can get some rounds through my pistol but at nearly $1 a round, it's not feasible for me to do this often.

#6 ·
It is nice to be able to walk into walmart and buy a couple boxes to shoot on the spur of the moment. Sometimes you just aren't prepared, and that ruins the mood.

#13 ·
i love my XD's and want a .45 so bad i can taste it but i will not buy a GAP. Ammo is harder to find and more money. It just does not make any sense to me. if they made an XD in .45ACP i would buy two first thing in the morning. a tactical and a service

#15 ·
theanswriz42 said:
Everyone in town has speer gold dot ammo but it's hardly range ammunition and it seems like I can't find anything else like WWB or Federal. I'm seriously thinking about selling it or trading it for a .40 tactical :(
Why would you sell it or trade it because your local shops don't carry it? Local shops most of the time are too expensive anyway. Just buy online. There's tons of information right here at your fingertips.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give a shot to reloading and then I'll probably just buy online and go from there. Since I'm a college student, I can't really afford 1,000 rounds of ammo at a time but I had a great time shooting this past weekend.

Cheers

#19 ·
Knight's in Pinellas Park was supposed to get some Lawman 45GAP in today. I got tired of looking and just ordered it online. I was in Bill Jackson's on Friday and they had about 20 boxes of GoldDot. I also know that Castle Keep on Ulmerton stocks Lawman in 45GAP, but I don't know how much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.