Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone!! i have been wondering around the forum for quite some time now and finally decided to join up with everyone. I love goin to the range for a little fun as much as I can but all I have currently is my good 'ol .22 marlin rifle. I had a .40 S&W sigma handgun and a davis industries .380, but no longer own either of them. So I have decided to make the move and FINALLY get me an XD45 so i ordered the 4" bitone and I also sent out for my lifetime gun permit. I should have my XD sometime next week and im not sure on the permit how long that takes. If anyone knows how long the wait is in Indiana let me know please.

But anyways i just wanted to stop in and say hey!!

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the XD! But I am a little angry with my XD45C. It made me quit shooting my 1911!
Thanks!! thats a good thing as long as u didnt spend a lot on the 1911 lol im hoping when i get mine it will make me shoot more!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Wow, the switch from the Sigma to the XD will be like night and day for ya. You'll wonder how you lived so long without an XD ;)
Yeah it will be a lot different. I have been wanting an XD for a while now and finally made the leap...im pretty tight with my money. I did a ton of research to find the best affordable gun and to me the XD beat out all the rest.

I bought the sigma without any previous research on knowledge pretty much based on the cheap price and i learned u get what you pay for and to do the research before you buy. Especially with something you may have to trust your life with.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you stopped lurking and officially joined. :) And congrats on your XD!

One question: What is a 'lifetime gun permit'?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum! Glad you stopped lurking and officially joined. :) And congrats on your XD!

One question: What is a 'lifetime gun permit'?
In Indiana when you get your permit you can either get the 4 year or lifetime. If you go for the lifetime permit it cost $125 but it never expires and you never have to do any other paperwork or anything.

The part im not sure of is it asks if you want the personal protection or hunting/target permit which was cheaper. I wasnt sure if you could regularly carry a gun with the hunting/target permit so i just went ahead and got the lifetime personal protection.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the XD and permit. $125 for lifetime is great! It cost us $100 for 3 years, and that is on top of the cost of the class, which is usually about another $100.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
By lifetime permit ... Are you taliking about a CCW ??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Congrats !! I want another XD, I just can't decide which one to get first !!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats on the pickup! I'm sure you'll love your XD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts