Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some before and after shots with my xdm compact .40

first time ever shooting at 10 yrds 2-3 mags

after a few weeks of working on my grip and trigger control at home this is the second time out at 10 yrds

first time..15 yrds 10 round groups

second time out at 15 yrds 10 rd groups

i love seeing actual improvement like that.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
You show signs of improvement, young Jedi...

Ok, corny sayings aside, you can do some drills at home dry firing for greater, faster and cheaper improvements. (Dry is no ammo in the gun, magazine or in the room even!).

Take an empty shell case and balance it primer side down on the top of the front sight. Take aim and squeeze the trigger without knocking the case off. (hard at first, but easy once you settle down). Buying a cheap laser site and dry firing at a fixed spot will also show you if the gun bobbles while firing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice improvements! Hopefully I'll see some improvements when I'm able to get back out there.

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts
A lot better, I would say. Way to go, guy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You show signs of improvement, young Jedi...

Ok, corny sayings aside, you can do some drills at home dry firing for greater, faster and cheaper improvements. (Dry is no ammo in the gun, magazine or in the room even!).

Take an empty shell case and balance it primer side down on the top of the front sight. Take aim and squeeze the trigger without knocking the case off. (hard at first, but easy once you settle down). Buying a cheap laser site and dry firing at a fixed spot will also show you if the gun bobbles while firing.

oh i have daily since i got the gun. i have been using that trick to. i might want to get a cheap laser for that as well. good tips!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
went out again.
10 yds..

15 yrds

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/alptekin/3-3.jpg[/IMG]

also did another target like this with the about the same amount of ammo.... more accurate (most went in that big hole) but im getting more wild shots.. maybe i'm over griping the gun.

i like that im putting huge holes in paper now though! only 4th time out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts