Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick up either an MP shield or Glock 42. My XD9sc is just to much of a hassle in Florida weather at times. Opinions on what I should pick up? I want something that is without a doubt easy to conceal with shorts and a Tshirt.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Between those two, I'd go Shield all the way. And I'm a huge Glock fan. Just not a big .380 fan, even though I own 2 LCP's. But, they're for pocket carry. I personally, don't consider the Shield or the G42 as a pocket gun.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Shield. You get a better and cheaper cartridge with greater options for viable SD loads. You get better capacity. You get lower cost. Reliability is great, and you have a decent aftermarket for sight options to boot.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I would look at the Kahr CM or PM pistols.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
With those options, Shield without a question. Moving up to 9mm for roughly the same size gun is a no brainer and a Shield is a fine gun.

I'd also consider the XDs, the Kahr CM9, and the striker fired LC9.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I actually went with a Shield 40 a few weeks ago and was between the two guns. Had no interest in the 40, but it was on sale for $350, and the shop threw in 2 boxes of ammo. I figured I should have another caliber anyways! Recoil not much more felt than the 9 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Shield between those two...there is the XDs 3.3 and PPS as well, though more costly.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Another vote for the Shield between the two. I would consider the G42 if there was a version in 9mm which I thought they were supposed to come out with one by the end of the year. I have no experience with Kahr but people seem to love them.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Shield

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
CM9 and a DeSantis nemesis.
I agree. I'm surprised I've never owned a Kahr. They used to have a hit/miss reputation, which made me steer clear, but they've gotten better over the years. And their pricing has gotten better too.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The Shield is a punishing little bitch if you ask me. I have a MP9c which is a dream compared to the Shield and not that much bigger. The XD9SC is a good choice and reasonable price. The only thing the Mod 2 has over that one is the front FO sight. It doesn't shoot any better for sure. I've not had the pleasure of trying a G42 yet.

Not sure the XDS is worth the extra money over that for the XD9SC. I've shot both and again not that much difference to me.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
The Shield is a punishing little ***** if you ask me. I have a MP9c which is a dream compared to the Shield and not that much bigger. The XD9SC is a good choice and reasonable price. The only thing the Mod 2 has over that one is the front FO sight. It doesn't shoot any better for sure. I've not had the pleasure of trying a G42 yet.

Not sure the XDS is worth the extra money over that for the XD9SC. I've shot both and again not that much difference to me.
Congrats, you're quite literally the first person that I've ever seen describe the Shield as "punishing." ;)

So, how does that MP9c fit in your purse? :p :lol:

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Check one out. I think a lot of the bad wrap came from people not being patient with the break in. But any high volume maker is gonna drop some lemons.

My PM9 has been trouble free after around 150 rounds of its life.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
The Shield is a punishing little ***** if you ask me. I have a MP9c which is a dream compared to the Shield and not that much bigger. The XD9SC is a good choice and reasonable price. The only thing the Mod 2 has over that one is the front FO sight. It doesn't shoot any better for sure. I've not had the pleasure of trying a G42 yet.

You must have forgot your big boy pants when you shot the shield. :razz: I found it to be quite pleasant for its size.

To the OP, I'm not a huge .380 fan. I say go with a Shield. Should be some good black friday deals this week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts