Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I take issue with the very first explanation of change in zero between a bench and field positions. Not saying the factors stated can't have an effect - but before I'd blame them I'd look at eye position behind the rear sight/scope/optic. If your eye position behind that rear sight changes then your POI on the target changes. BTDT. Listen to the competition guys when they talk about changing their rear sight (elevation, windage or both) when going from standing to sitting or sitting to prone.

I totally agree with the part about having to actually shoot your rifle/ammo at various ranges to know where POI is vs. where the lines/dots on the BDC reticle of your scope/optic shows you to hold.

In the last section of the article I do see that he addresses eye position behind the rear sight/optic.

I also agree with the free float tubes for AR15's. The AR's I shoot on a fairly regular basis all have free float tubes on them. And slings. I have bipods on a couple of them, the longer barreled guns. The shorter barreled ones just have two point slings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts