Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you know I just purchased a SA 1911 RO last month. I was at the range yesterday and decided I had to have another one. I traded in my Browning A Bolt II yesterday for a down payment on a S&W 1911 with the olive drab grips with the built in laser. Wife was totaly fine with it and said wow thats a nice pistol. :D I also traded my Shotgun which was crap to my former boss for a Para Warthog.

I don't think this 1911 craze is going to stop for me. I use to cringe at the sight of them. But now that I am older and a shooter, they look as pretty as the Universe itself LOL. I love the balance and the comfort of the things. I feel bad for my XD-45, its no longer my pistol of choice. Its now retired to watching over the house! ;) ohh I am paying 1100.00 for it not 1400.00 something LOL.

Product: Model SW1911

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put it on layaway for a few days till I get the rest of the money. I am paying 1100 for it. Price doesent really bother me you know. If I see something I like I get it. They had only one so thats why I turned in the rifle for it. Id rather go target shooting than hunting anyways. :?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Forgot to ask... I would like some feed back on the extractor specifically... After you get it and shoot it I would be interested to know what you think of the side external extractor vs. Browings original design.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I too suffer from the same condition. You just gotta love and appreciate the 1911. In the last month I've added a Colt Delta Elite and a Wilson Ultralight Carry Compact. The Wilson ULCc is my new carry piece and was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
185 Posts
congradulation, S&W makes a great 1911, I have had one for several years and it has been absolutely reliable. the pistol will feed any type of ammo you feed it, and you will never have to worry about your extractor being out of tune.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
You can never own enough 1911's!:D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It is an addiction alright. I've had my Colt Gold Cuo since '75 and purchased a TRP Operator a short while ago. Probably not done either.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well some of you know I just purchased a SA 1911 RO last month. I was at the range yesterday and decided I had to have another one. I traded in my Browning A Bolt II yesterday for a down payment on a S&W 1911 with the olive drab grips with the built in laser. Wife was totaly fine with it and said wow thats a nice pistol. :D I also traded my Shotgun which was crap to my former boss for a Para Warthog.

I don't think this 1911 craze is going to stop for me. I use to cringe at the sight of them. But now that I am older and a shooter, they look as pretty as the Universe itself LOL. I love the balance and the comfort of the things. I feel bad for my XD-45, its no longer my pistol of choice. Its now retired to watching over the house! ;) ohh I am paying 1100.00 for it not 1400.00 something LOL.

Product: Model SW1911

Yea thats funny i used to be the same way i hated the 1911 when i first got into shooting i thought it looked so ugly like wild west type gun. now i am obsesed with them and of course my gf just cut me off i dont think she will ever let me get a new gun. im F'd idk what to do

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Girlfriend cutting you off... don't know about that one. That's where you just have to start telling her its the same gun just different grips and that is why it looks different.:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL yeah getting cut off is bad but shooting is better anyways. Id rather shoot my 1911s then give the old lady a ummm hug in the bed. J/k! The holsters look nice ill try to save some money for 2 of them. I am going all 1911 because the XD-45 Service I had would jam with hollow points here and there. That made me sorta not wanting to depend on it for action if need be. I just sold my XD today for 600 bucks to a X-co worker. I know I sold it a bit high, but I want my money back for it you know. Yeah I too thought the 1911 was sorta fugly, but now I love the look. Can't say that enough.

Its 1911s and AR-15s from now on LOL. :shock::?:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts