Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a little research here and elsewhere and I just ordered a Tucker "The Answer" IWB holster for my XD-40 SC. I'm looking forward to gettin' it and will give you guys a report on how it works out for me when it gets here (which looks like 2-3 weeks). Anyway, in the mean time... any of you have one? How has it worked out for you (hopefully you love it cause it ain't cheap)?

This is what it looks like (but will be fitted for the XD SC).

http://store1.yimg.com/I/rlcompanyusa_1866_28138991

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Welcome! You cannot go wrong with a Tucker holster!
I carry my Para C7-45 in a Tucker Cover Up IWB...very comfortable.
You'll love it.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Captain Clay said:
Been doing a little research here and elsewhere and I just ordered a Tucker "The Answer" IWB holster for my XD-40 SC. I'm looking forward to gettin' it and will give you guys a report on how it works out for me when it gets here (which looks like 2-3 weeks). Anyway, in the mean time... any of you have one? How has it worked out for you (hopefully you love it cause it ain't cheap)?

This is what it looks like (but will be fitted for the XD SC).

http://store1.yimg.com/I/rlcompanyusa_1866_28138991

Good for you! I know the $ stung when you ordered it, but that sting'll go away the instant you try it.

I'm sure you'll love the Answer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can anyone speak to which is a better IWB between "The Answer" and the Comp-Tac "CTac" for an XD service, or Compact for that matter?

I understand that the Ctac is adjustable, and am wondering which is going to have a better fit and be more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
R.E.Lee said:
Can anyone speak to which is a better IWB between "The Answer" and the Comp-Tac "CTac" for an XD service, or Compact for that matter?

I understand that the Ctac is adjustable, and am wondering which is going to have a better fit and be more comfortable.
I tried both, and first let me say that the C-TAC is a fine piece of equipment. That said, it just wasn't for me. It's very, very adjustable, but the muzzle end of the holster just dug in no matter what I did, how I adjusted it, or where I wore it. I've seen many that had not a single problem out of their C-TAC. I used their money back guarantee and added the cash for an Answer. I put it on and it fit perfectly, no adjustments (though you can adjust the Answer much as you can the CTAC as well). The leather backing makes all the difference in the world.

I'm a fairly frugal person, and I don't like spending big bucks on something like a holster, when I could buy a complete other gun for the same $, but in this case, the Answer was worth every cent.

·
Registered
244 Posts
mr0w1 said:
R.E.Lee said:

I tried both, and first let me say that the C-TAC is a fine piece of equipment. That said, it just wasn't for me. It's very, very adjustable, but the muzzle end of the holster just dug in no matter what I did, how I adjusted it, or where I wore it. I've seen many that had not a single problem out of their C-TAC. I used their money back guarantee and added the cash for an Answer. I put it on and it fit perfectly, no adjustments (though you can adjust the Answer much as you can the CTAC as well). The leather backing makes all the difference in the world.

I'm a fairly frugal person, and I don't like spending big bucks on something like a holster, when I could buy a complete other gun for the same $, but in this case, the Answer was worth every cent.
+1 What he said, though I kept my c-tac as well because the gun "snaps" in and makes for better motorcycle carry. Otherwise, the Answer is just as adjustable but WAY more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
gsfmiker said:
+1 What he said, though I kept my c-tac as well because the gun "snaps" in and makes for better motorcycle carry. Otherwise, the Answer is just as adjustable but WAY more comfortable.

Big +1 to that, something I forgot to mention: if you're going to be doing really, really crazy stuff, dangling from your ankles, sky diving, whatever, you'll want the C-TAC. The Answer provides more than adequate retention when being worn, but if you start getting into gravitationally wierd positions, it is possible for the gun to slip out of the Answer. The C-TAC you can tighten down so much that you couldn't even pull the gun out if you wanted to. That said, don't let this be a big concern when deciding between the two.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
therooster said:
Infidel#1 said:
The Comp-Tac CTAC is similar, but adjustable.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/COMPTACCTAC
Acctually, Comp-Tac makes all the kydex for the Tucker holster... the only thing Tucker makes is the leather.
Comp-tac and Tucker came up with the Answer and it wasn't long before the C-Tac was introduced. Two belt clips for stability and smooth contour, adjustable, tuckable and well-made alternatives each. We're glad there are many alternatives to choose from. We can only make so many in a month. No plans to create an assembly line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts