1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Never wanted a "C", do they help much or just make them louder? Glock really needs to get on the changeable front strap for you hipsters.

·
Registered
29,836 Posts
Never wanted a "C", do they help much or just make them louder? Glock really needs to get on the changeable front strap for you hipsters.
Eh, kinda.

With factory plinking loads, not really; but if you run some hotter carry loads...you can see a difference.

I had a LW ported barrel for my G34; you could run +P+ loads though it like it was WWB 115's.

It does make it a bit louder, though--especially something like a 20C.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
What is this "Glock" you speak of...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,836 Posts
What is this "Glock" you speak of...........:rolleyes:
Oh--it's this polymer pistol which is superior in pretty much all ways to the XD series, but makes XD fanbois gnash their teeth and fling their poo whenever this is pointed out.

I'm surprised you aren't familiar with them...

(ducks flung poo)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm still not convinced we are getting it here. I want a Gen 4 32 compensated.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Oh--it's this polymer pistol which is superior in pretty much all ways to the XD series, but makes XD fanbois gnash their teeth and fling their poo whenever this is pointed out.

(ducks flung poo)
Ah, yes, now I see.
Gloks are the HK seconds that cannot be sold retail....:lol:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Interesting. I wasn't sure if they were going to keep the C models going. I have a 19C, I like it a lot but very negligible difference between a regular 19. It was the first handgun I ever purchased. It was one of my dreams guns, I just love the thing.

It is loud, really loud. But doesn't bother me. I've considered getting a 21C. Maybe I'll see what all they do with the Gen 4's

·
Registered
10,949 Posts

(ducks flung poo)
Oh boy.

·
Registered
188 Posts

(ducks flung poo)
I like Glocks too but wouldn't say there superior in every way. Glocks have better triggers which is a big reason I have sold off most my XD's, but besides that I think XDm's takem. Xdm' s have better ergos, better stick sights, better magazines, and look better. Off course, this is subjective and only my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I like Glocks too but wouldn't say there superior in every way. Glocks have better triggers which is a big reason I have sold off most my XD's, but besides that I think XDm's takem. Xdm' s have better ergos, better stick sights, better magazines, and look better. Off course, this is subjective and only my opinion.
Ergos are subjective, like you stated. Both brand's sight options suck, but at least the XD's are traditional 3-dot and metal instead of polymer. Magazines are cheaper for the Glock, never fail, and don't have that crazy blingtron 3000 finish on them. IMHO, of course. ;)

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Eh, kinda.

With factory plinking loads, not really; but if you run some hotter carry loads...you can see a difference.

I had a LW ported barrel for my G34; you could run +P+ loads though it like it was WWB 115's.

It does make it a bit louder, though--especially something like a 20C.
Cuda your the man but I have to state my experience with the C glocks...

I had a 23 my friend had a 23C we were both shooting the same blazer target loads and despite me shooting better than him regardless :twisted: , there was a significant amount of reduced muzzle rise with my friends pistol...

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Cuda your the man but I have to state my experience with the C glocks...

I had a 23 my friend had a 23C we were both shooting the same blazer target loads and despite me shooting better than him regardless :twisted: , there was a significant amount of reduced muzzle rise with my friends pistol...
Sure, the upward escaping gases helped keep the muzzle down..
I'm my 20 years of handgun ownership, I've never been interested in any compensated handgun....:confused:
Nor do I ever see myself interested in one...:roll:

But to each their own...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts