Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys & Ladies,

Question, I am looking in to finding some information about the Geissele SD-3G trigger being used in a AR Pistol. I've seen one on YouTube when a guy was at a gun range firing the weapon but he didn't say anything about it. Does anyone have any experience with the SD-3G installed in a AR pistol?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
not precisely however to get you started geissle has the weight curves on their website so you can see them and think.

I will say its a super fast trigger, however the cost of that is less feedback.

If you have never rocked a good trigger before the SSAE is easier to understand for the subconcious mind. I have SSAEs on my ars, and I"m probably going to install sd-3g on my lightweight in the near future.

I think its much better than the wilson, I shot them side by side, great trigger.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Did a little reading, sounds like a great trigger.... for a precision AR. Might be a little light and too little reset for pistol use. I could just see the pistol recoiling enough that it could cause a psuedo double fire.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I have the M4 curved Bow S3G on my carbine and yes it is a terribly fast trigger, but it's numb. it is best suited to exactly what it's named for: 3-Gun Competition.

I have never gotten good results shooting precision with this trigger. It was originally installed in my 18" DMR, but i have since replaced it with a SSA-E and put the S3G into my other AR15 (carbine).

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided not to go with the Geissele SD-3G trigger due to the fact I may or may not cause the rifle shoot twice on the same trigger pull. I asked my local gun store guy who has helped me learned about rifles he told me since I haven't had much experience shooting a AR Pistol before he wouldn't want me to spend the money.

He did recommended if I did want is to have him polish the trigger and springs so it lowers the trigger down from 7lb pull to 5lb pull. Maybe possible upgrading to a bolt carrier group to something you guys and ladies recommend?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I would just buy a ALG ACT trigger and put a set of JP yellow's with it and you should have a good pistol trigger for $70.

I'm not sure why you would change your BCG... any reasoning behind this? Either way, I would recommend Ares Armor Nickel Boron BCG, or AIM Surplus C158 BCG or their Nickel Boron BCG. All good choices under $100

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the S3G came with two springs, and the 4.5# one reduces the chance for a bump fire substantially.
What would you recommended by a Geissele or have the guy polish the trigger?

I would just buy a ALG ACT trigger and put a set of JP yellow's with it and you should have a good pistol trigger for $70.

I'm not sure why you would change your BCG... any reasoning behind this? Either way, I would recommend Ares Armor Nickel Boron BCG, or AIM Surplus C158 BCG or their Nickel Boron BCG. All good choices under $100
That is my problem that if I go with a lower trigger kit such as 3.5lb or 4lb I would have double fire problems that is what I am afraid of. I was only asking about the BCG I thought chrome was better than the black color one.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Well your trigger is surface hardened. If he foes to deep it goes full auto. Bad day for a pistol. How well do you trust this guy? If he breaks the surface 2k rounds give or take to failure. IMO not worth it.

Seen many ssae triggers in pistols no issues. If worried get the SSA .

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well your trigger is surface hardened. If he foes to deep it goes full auto. Bad day for a pistol. How well do you trust this guy? If he breaks the surface 2k rounds give or take to failure. IMO not worth it.

Seen many ssae triggers in pistols no issues. If worried get the SSA .

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

Good point! The family who owns the business have been straight up with me with no b/s. The son helped me in the past about learning about shooting AR pistol. He basically told me anything below 5.5lb on a AR pistol for a some what novice to intermediate rifle shooter that is asking for troubles such as double fires. He told me to wait off on a trigger kit that lowers the trigger pull to 3lb.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I've built a bunch of ars. never thought I'd want an ar pistol. I do use the sd3g in a carbine. Pretty sure the reset is quicker with my jp trigger.

I use the n.m. trigger set as light as possible for precision play.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
That is my problem that if I go with a lower trigger kit such as 3.5lb or 4lb I would have double fire problems that is what I am afraid of. I was only asking about the BCG I thought chrome was better than the black color one.
Then skip the springs for now, and just the the ALG ACT trigger. Made by the wife of the Giesselle founder, if you don't like the pull (6lbs), try new springs.

Yeah, one example of this is Bill Springfield... look up some of the horror stories ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts