Springfield XD Forum banner

Will gas stay below $3.00 per gallon before the end of the year?

• Yes

• No

• I Don't Give a Damn What Price it is, as I am a Wealthy SOB!

• How Many Remember When Gas Was Priced at $0.17.9 Cents Per Gallon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it, or will it not, stay below $3.00 per gallon
by the end of the year?

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Sad thing is, cnn had on the other night, BP profited 7 billion, yes billion last quarter and another one profited 3.4 billion. :shock:

I guess I need to buy myself an oil company.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It already hit $3 per gallon in Kali.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
As a national average, I do not think it will cross the $3 line.
I suspect that the oil companies have drawn an invisible line on that number and will not allow it to creep over it.

The prognosticators are saying that demand will drop after Labor Day and prices will ease a bit.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Fuel prices are largely based on supply and demand. As the traveling season ends, I think we will see the prices start to creep back down.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I don't remember $.17/gal., but I do remember gas wars between stations in northeast Arkansas that would take it to $.29.gal. This was in the '50's.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
So Flo said:
As a national average, I do not think it will cross the $3 line.
I suspect that the oil companies have drawn an invisible line on that number and will not allow it to creep over it.

The prognosticators are saying that demand will drop after Labor Day and prices will ease a bit.
Wrong. I saw gas prices in CA on the news. $3.15 per gallon.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
OEFM, I stated "as a national AVERAGE"...So technically I remain right! :lol:

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I expect it will go up. But if you cut your budget so close that you can barely afford gas and having it hit $3 will put you in the red, then you made a mistake.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I can remember when scrounging and such from under the seats would put enough gas in the tank to go out on Saturday night.

I remember the pump at our village's gas station not being able to ring up more than $10.00 on the (mechanical) dials because they never anticipated the price getting as high as $0.20 per gallon and who would have a 50 gallon tank, we found out because our fire truck had a 60 gallon tank and the pump went bonkers when it got to $10.00.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Careful Jim, you're making yourself sound old. ;)

Someday I'll be able to tell my kids that I once saw gasoline for $0.69/gallon, which is true. And I'm only 22.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
Dang,

I remember when you got trading stamps for fill ups. They used to give away sets of glassware. Gulf Stations got the idea to give all their customers a little orange ball to put on their antenna so you could easily spot your car in a parking lot. Trouble was everyone had to have a little orange ball to be cool, so the whole parking lot was full of little orange balled cars!

I remember when you'd pull into a full service station and 2 or 3 uniformed guys would pump your gas, check your water, oil, brake fluid, battery water, air in your tires and wash all the windows and the price of gas was less than $.40 a gallon.

What happened to customer service?

bd

·
Registered
397 Posts
National Average is bull ****!

What matters is what I am paying....... I could care less if you pay more or less than me, I don't have your wallet I have mine and it is pretty thin.......

Here in the IE I pay $2.79 to $2.89 for the cheap stuff.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Darn, instead of saying "by the end of this year"
it should have said "by the end of the month".

Again, our poll responders were batting better
than 50%.

How many of you think that it will hit $4.00 per
gallon?

Ed

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Ed Ely said:
Darn, instead of saying "by the end of this year"
it should have said "by the end of the month".

Again, our poll responders were batting better
than 50%.

How many of you think that it will hit $4.00 per
gallon?

Ed
Me do.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Jim, you are old. I remember $.24/gal and gas wars, but I don't recall what you mentioned and I'm 55. Do remember the stamps, gifts and orange balls tho.

I recall filling up my 10gal tank on my VW bug for under $3. I also remember when it went all the way up to $.36 and I held out as long as possible, refusing to pay that very high price. God, I'd be happy to pay double that!

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I remember the oil embargo during the Carter administration and the long lines at gas stations. Unfortunately I suffered flashbacks this week in Georgia. It was an amazing sight!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts