Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first "real" pellet rifle. Uses are for small game and cheaper anytime anywhere practice. Pretty cool setup. Has a 2 stage adjustable trigger. It mimics the feel and look of a real rifle. It's right about 4.5 lbs. It Came with a 4x32 GAMO scope. Works for this setup, although after seeing the accuracy this rifle produces at 100 yards I may consider a 3x9x40. Not that I'd try to take game at that distance, but for target shooting. I consistently pop tops off water bottles from 25 - 50 yards. More magnification can only help me miss smaller lol. When using the PBA platinum brand pellets the rifle reaches a surprising 1300 fps. There are several PBA platinum series pellets and they all out perform typical flat or pointed pellets by daisy and cross man velocity and especially accuracy wise. Comes with a Steel lined fluted barrel with a "silencing" type baffled muzzle device deal. It's not silent , but won't scare other small game away while using it. Quieter than others. It Uses inert gas technology so there are no springs making crazy noises or causing unneccessary recoil for a pellet rifle. It's a single shot break barrel that requires some 30 lbs to open, easy enough. Anyway, I'm thrilled. Few things, I would've preferred if my scope was the battery lit reticle. That's an easy enough fix. On bright moon nights it's all that's missing. Also a metal trigger that is used on other GAMOS would've been a nice touch. Sling attachment would be handy as well. Other than that...... I think You all should shoot one if the opportunity presents itself. I never thought I would drop decent $$$ on an air rifle. Especially never thought it would be enjoyable. Most surprising to me was it's accuracy and ability to repeat precise shots. They come in .177, .22 and .25 caliber. Upgraded models have fiber optic sights and an adjustable cheek weld. Nice bonuses, but I wasn't aware of these upon purchasing. May not have went for it if I did??? All that aside I can save 410 shells on squirrels now. YAY! for my wallet. These rifles are no joke..... 20 yards away and lead pellets are not only penetrating but blowing through license plate thickness metal. Haven't had a problem maiming squirrels w this one. So far just DRT. Good times!!!!

SPECS:
Gamo Bone Collector Bull Whisper IGT air rifle IGT gas piston (IGT=Inert Gas Technology) Breakbarrel Single-shot 11mm optics dovetail No open sights Bull Whisper noise dampener Rifled steel barrel with fluted polymer jacket All-weather synthetic green stock with black rubber inserts Dual raised cheekpieces (ambidextrous) Textured pistol grip and forearm Manual safety Custom Action Trigger (CAT) independently adjustable 1st and 2nd stage, allows you to tailor you trigger. 2-stage adjustable trigger Shock Wave Absorber (SWA) recoil pad absorbs up to 74% more recoil Recoil Reducing Rail maximizes scope lifespan with 99.9% recoil compensation Includes 4x32 scope, mount, elasticized scope lens covers, hex wrench, and cleaning clot Benefits of the IGT over a metal mainspring: Smoother cocking Smoother shooting No spring torque No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours Functions perfectly in cold weather Lasts longer than a metal spring

• 0.177 Caliber single shot air rifle with fiber optic sights
  • Shoots 1250 feet per second (fps) with PBA platinum ammo
  • Single cocking system; Non-slip checkering on grip and forearm
  • Durable all-weather green synthetic stock; Rubber grips Twin Cheek pads for ambidextrous shooting;
  • Bull Whisper noise dampener, Fluted, Polymer Jacketed Steel Barrel

So anyone else have any experience with these "adult air rifles"? I'm pleasantly surprised with them. Definetly apply the 4 rules here as with any type rifle/gun. Consequences may follow if ignored with these.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only imagine!!! Looking forward to warmer temps here on the lake. Snakes are everywhere here. 5 wonderful viper species and one reclusive cobra specie that I've only seen wild once here and That's being in the woods a good bit too. Of course I don't go disturbing rotting tree trunks or logs too often either to stir coral snakes. I do Hate wasting a real round on pests or venomous snakes. Prob solved.

Gonna try some of the PBA alloy pellets with a steel ball attached to front of pellet. They look effective too.

Cotton mouths are still catching bird shot. Not testing those short tempered SOBs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just bought a Benjamin Titan GP in .22 Like it a lot and put a new scope 4X32 AO on it and did a utube trigger fix to take the hideous long trigger uptake. I hope your trigger was better than mine..jeez. I have just shot at 15 yds to break it in and get a good feel for it. I will stretch its legs at my next outing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I purchased that same air rifle. The first Bone Collector went back to Gamo it would not group at all. Not the easiest company to work with either. The scope was absolute junk that literally fell apart the first day of use also. If you order a replacement scope look at getting a compensating mount for the barrel droop that can occur with these rifles.
My second rifle Gamo sent me has been fantastic though. Seems that all the air rifles I've shot have been very particular about the make and type of pellets. Mine likes the Gamo Hunter in the 7 grain area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts