Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the gun world and am looking forward to shooting with some friends possibly this weekend and was wondering if there are any games that can be played with different targets etc?

Kind like darts has a billion games, I'm sure shooting has to have a decent amount of games as well.. Hit me with what some of your favorites are!

Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Can't really offer any specific games, maybe grab some bowling pins or something similiar for a little speed shooting. Check you local ranges they might have some sort of bowling pin match that would be fun.

Maybe not this weekend but some time I would highly recommend you and your friends give one of the shooting sports a try like USPSA or IDPA. All you need is a cheap holster and some mag pouches and you're ready to go.

I started shooting USPSA matches this year and now its like an addiction. Great people, good times, and lot of rounds to be fired. 8)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yea, poker, darts, or pool, but you gotta call your shots.

Sometimes I like shooting apples off of my friends heads with my AR.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Since I'm new to shooting as well, I'm still learning the basics on regular targets. I've never personally used the "game" targets, but you can find some here (it's a list of free target sites):

http://www.fortliberty.org/military-library/free-printable-targets.shtml

I'm not sure which site has the nicest ones, But I do remember there were a few with "cards" and a dartboard. Even paper bowling pins to shoot up. Probably some others in there, too. Best of all, I think most (if not all) are free to download and print.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts