Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock wooden handguards, and that tapco galil handguard is looking pretty nice. I was wondering if there was any issue with installing it on an underfolder. It looks like there is a curved grip to it, and the front and back poke out some. I just don't want to drop 25 dollars on something online and have it not work.

Also, it looks like you have to remove the upper handguard as well. How would I go about doing that? I used to have a page bookmarked explaining it, but the link isn't working anymore. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
First off, keep looking for something else. There have been A LOT of reports that the Galil hand guard will get flimsy after you fire a bunch of rounds through it. I dont even think it has a internal heat sheild. It is cheap. Almost anything for a AK from Tapco is cheap. If it has to be Tapco, I would recremend the "fusion" forend. It has a heat sheild and seems to be vented better. I have that on my WASR but it will be replaced as soon as my UTG and ACE stock arrive. But it should be fine as for the fit. The top guard is easy to get off. You need a cresent wrench, and some oil. Fit the wrench to the flat sides of the metal front peice, and rotate the wood downward. If it will not budge, use a little oil on the edges of the wood and let it seep down. And try again. Good luck.

Removal instructions- Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I was thinking the same thing,contacted tapco and they said it would not fit a underfolder rifle.They said the grip was to wide for the underfolder to fit around.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same thing,contacted tapco and they said it would not fit a underfolder rifle.They said the grip was to wide for the underfolder to fit around.
Ah ok, thank you for letting me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts