Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am not firmilar with the Ak-47 my brother and law called me and said his friend who is a gun nut and works with a local dealer, (while he waits for his ffl) call and said he had a Galil Ak-47 with Hebrew writing on it. Said it was the real thing as far as they can tell. First of are these good? Do they take the regular Russian mags? How much are mags? He said it has wood in great condition. He said it not a steal but not a rip off at 875.00-900.00 your thought info? I havn't seen it yet so don't know.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If its a real IMI made galil..yes, good price. Mags depend on calibre, AK mags usually work...
AK mags may work if it's a super-ultra-rare experimental 7.62x39 model.

As far as I know, IMI only produced 5.56 and .308 Galils for export.

One of the US companies here was 'talking' about bringing out a 7.62x39 model, but it hasn't appeared yet.

To the OP, the Galil is not an AK, it uses magazines designed specifically for it. They are available from any number of vendors.

Also, you should make damned sure it says "IMI" or "Made in Israel" on it somewhere, as the current US made Galils leave lots to be desired.

If it is an Israeli made Galil in good condition, that price is very very good.

If it's a US made galil, it's a huge rip-off.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
A little work with a file or Dremel tool on a Bulgy waffle mag or Weiger mag to set the proper feed angle...viola, Galil mag...and you're spot on with the M43-I know that the first Galils were basically Rk-62s..forgot about the NATO round 'law'....

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So can you tell me where I can find the mags at? So I can see how much they are? Also you said some shoot 5.56 will it also use .223?

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
So can you tell me where I can find the mags at? So I can see how much they are? Also you said some shoot 5.56 will it also use .223?
Galil 35 Round .223 Magazines | e-GunParts.com

i ordered 5 last month, they are nice. brand spanking new.

unfortunately i dont have a galil, i looked into them, i didnt want to pay REAL galil prices for an IMI, lots of places are selling the century arms made/ORF receiver galil right now for $599-$899, with the usual century wide aray of results. Some say they are winners, others say ORF recievers are total shat.

I just gave up and bought a $320 saiga AK.

I agree with nanolith and einheit, if that is a real IMI galil thats a great price, its barely any more than the crap shoot century builds put together by rabid, insane, angry monkeys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts